User panel stuff on forum
  2 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2012-03-19, 09:28
News Writer
283 posts

Jan 2007
Hi,

Thanks to Fer, I've set up a bunch of new servers on morituri.co.uk. Happy to modify / replace / generally be an attentive admin for the forseeable future. Also able to set up netquake mods so they work with qw clients, i.e. progs.dat being used, oldskool mods revived.

morituri.co.uk:27500 - FFA (current map pool: ztndm3, hipdm1, efdm8, cmt4, safe1, ukcldm2)
morituri.co.uk:27501 - CACE (popular every night)
morituri.co.uk:27502 - CTF
morituri.co.uk:27503+ - Custom Mods
morituri.co.uk:27510 - KTX
morituri.co.uk:30000 - QWFWD

Current custom mods:
morituri.co.uk:27503 - Get Rich Quake - collect and steal coins, stash them in your secret cashbox, most coins at end of round wins.
morituri.co.uk:27504 - Hipnotic (Quake Mission Pack 1) - hipdm1, new weapons: laser cannon, mjolin lightning hammer, proximity grenades!

The Hipnotic mod downloads automatically from the server, though you will need to reconnect a few times / delete half-downloaded files with the buggy recent ezquake releases. Once in, impulse 225 and 226 are new weapons, and impulse 6 twice changes to proximity grenade launcher - here's the config I use:

alias +laser "impulse 225; +attack"
alias -laser "-attack; impulse 2"
bind z "bind mouse1 +laser"

alias +hammer "impulse 226; +attack"
alias -hammer "-attack; impulse 2"
bind c "bind mouse1 +hammer"

bind x "impulse 6; impulse 6; bind mouse1 +attack"

For Get Rich Quake, the more coins you carry the slower you can run, so you need to stash them often in your cashbox (use the alias 'cashbox' - hit it once to put down an empty cashbox, twice to put half the coins you're carry in it, and three times to put all your coins in it). Other players can steal your cashbox by hacking at it with axe for 10-15 seconds, so keep it well hidden or well guarded! Shooting loaded enemy players causes them to drop coins.
GRQ makes for a nice mod which can reward sneaky hiding-collecting players (using hook you can find nice hiding places for your cashbox), as well as the typical roaming soldier players. Hasn't been tested enough yet to see what the balance is like. Only problem is that you can't vote to change map on this server, so just bug me or Fer on IRC and we should be able to change to death32c or base32b when there are 6+ players.

If you have any favourite mods then track them down and post the links here, I'll be changing the custom mod servers relatively frequently. (note: Airquake and Quake Rally have been tested but haven't worked. Airquake could potentially be fixed with null models, Quake Rally had the cars going really slowly - if anyone wants to put some time/effort into figuring this out then let me know and I can restart the servers).

Enjoy!
2012-03-19, 17:31
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
Should have kept CA on the port it was on, no reason to change ports

Oh well, new ports always welcome!
  2 posts on 1 page  1