User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Rookies' Corner  ‹  Hi :)
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2012-02-22, 17:49
152 posts

Feb 2012
As you have probably guessed I'm new here and wanted to say hello I'm not sure I can say I'm new to QW, since I've played a lot back when I was still a kid. I didn't have connection then so I played vs bots at home and other games at LAN (had a very crappy PC, too) . It may seem silly, but I guess playing Quake, being obsessed with it, is one of the brightest memories of my childhood. Was like living in another world and one I still vividly remember. I've played so much I used to have nightmares about fiends jumping from the dark corners and so on. I've probably played for a couple of years or so. As for other games - I played CS for a very long time (let's say "half-competitively" and used to be quite decent in Q3. Being done with CS for good I tried to start playing QL but recently became quite bored with it (for various reasons like community, gameplay and future of the game). So... here I am, back where I really belong. And, you know, starting to play QW again after all those years, I really feel like I simply wasted time on other games. Well... you know how it is. This is Quake.
Anyway, I'm done talking about myself, said my "hello" and I'm hoping I won't be trolled too much because I've played CS for a decade
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.” (c) Johan Cruyff
2012-02-22, 22:03
100 posts

Mar 2008
Welcome, and have a good fragging time
2012-02-22, 22:09
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
welcomeback!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2012-02-23, 09:15
164 posts

Apr 2007
qtv.quakeworld.nu good to catch games, and quakenet (irc), #qwrookie #quakeworld Nice to have you back! =)
2012-02-23, 09:28
192 posts

Mar 2006
Hey there! If you need some help getting into the game, just join #mofo or and we try to help you!

and btw: dont give up!! on the beginning its very very frustraiting, but if you stay there and feel the progress on yourself, its getting soo rewarding!
  5 posts on 1 page  1