User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Graphics Discussion
2012-01-23, 01:32
17 posts

Dec 2010
1) I would like a list of all the modifiable textures that increase visibility but don't break the rules for example bolt2_0.png.

2) How do I make it so the shaft model is invisible without scripting like it is in Paradoks's dm6 movie by zalon.

3) What system does r_lgbloodcolor use for coloring the blood particles as the numbers don't make sense to me so it's hard to find the color I want.
2012-01-23, 09:53
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Rauvz wrote:
1) I would like a list of all the modifiable textures that increase visibility but don't break the rules for example bolt2_0.png.

There are no "rules" for replacing textures, only for replacing models and sounds.

Quote:
2) How do I make it so the shaft model is invisible without scripting like it is in Paradoks's dm6 movie by zalon.

r_shaftalpha 0 (works only with ruleset default)

Quote:
3) What system does r_lgbloodcolor use for coloring the blood particles as the numbers don't make sense to me so it's hard to find the color I want.

johny_cz go fix your client!
Servers: Troopers
2012-01-23, 10:31
17 posts

Dec 2010
Renzo wrote:
Rauvz wrote:

There are no "rules" for replacing textures, only for replacing models and sounds.

Quote:

r_shaftalpha 0 (works only with ruleset default)

Quote:

johny_cz go fix your client!

1) I wanted a list of the models I could re-texture-color kinda stuff rockets shaft nails etc.

2) I meant the viewmodel without using r_drawviewmodel 0 on my shaft bind ,http://videos.quakeworld.nu/video/movie-paradoks-tribute/ .

3) Aye sir he had better fix it ' shakes fist ' and all the ati shit.
2012-01-23, 10:40
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Rauvz wrote:
1) I wanted a list of the models I could re-texture-color kinda stuff rockets shaft nails etc.

bolt2_0 you already know, so:

grenade_0.png
missile_0.png
s_spike_0.png
spike_0.png

Quote:
2) I meant the viewmodel without using r_drawviewmodel 0 on my shaft bind ,http://videos.quakeworld.nu/video/movie-paradoks-tribute/

You mean r_drawviewmodel 0,X (fractions)? (makes lg model see-through)

Quote:

I think it's up to AMD to fix their drivers, but I don't see that one coming unless people start reporting the problems.
Servers: Troopers
2012-01-23, 12:08
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Rauvz wrote:

Hehe, took a really quick look at the code and it doesn't even look like it supports different colors, atleast not in the way its read.
It handles different specific values in different ways, like 256 (iirc) makes it look like a gunshot. Then it also takes count into consideration, but that one is hardcoded....
2012-01-23, 22:36
17 posts

Dec 2010
Renzo wrote:
Rauvz wrote:

bolt2_0 you already know, so:

grenade_0.png
missile_0.png
s_spike_0.png
spike_0.png

Quote:
2) I meant the viewmodel without using r_drawviewmodel 0 on my shaft bind ,http://videos.quakeworld.nu/video/movie-paradoks-tribute/

You mean r_drawviewmodel 0,X (fractions)? (makes lg model see-through)

Quote:

I think it's up to AMD to fix their drivers, but I don't see that one coming unless people start reporting the problems.

1) Are there any others?

2) If you had watched the video you would notice that the viewmodel disappears in the demo without having it scripted on the weapon binds or weapon firing binds with r_drawviewmodel 0.01 or whatever value, so I would assume Zalon modified some weapon textures to do so or something on that level and I would like to know what he modified and how he did it.

3) bleh....
2012-01-23, 22:38
17 posts

Dec 2010
dimman wrote:
Rauvz wrote:

Hehe, took a really quick look at the code and it doesn't even look like it supports different colors, atleast not in the way its read.
It handles different specific values in different ways, like 256 (iirc) makes it look like a gunshot. Then it also takes count into consideration, but that one is hardcoded....

I sad panda now....

I noticed the values seem quite random like 192 gives you yellow but 191 gives purple iirc.
  7 posts on 1 page  1