User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Other Tournaments
2012-01-11, 19:51
123 posts

Mar 2006
I think we can all agree this season hasn't been perfect but it did a great job reviving 4v4 play. I would have never expected to see two 4v4s happening at the same time just a few months ago on NA QW servers. As the season draws to an end and playoffs near I think it would be a good idea to discuss changes for next time. Here some ideas or points I think we should address:

1. Scheduling was a hassle. Some teams were better than others and I'm not laying blame anywhere but saying "yeah I think we'll have 4 at 9pm" is not really going to ever produce great results. Key to better scheduling is communication. If you as a player if you know you can't play a certain day or time tell your captain ahead of time. Idling in #STA should be strongly encouraged.

2. Inactive players. This one is hard to judge, some people who we probably didn't expect to play much did in fact play a lot, then others who we might have expected to play a lot did not. I think we need to just keep a buffer on teams such as 6-7 players per team in case people are inactive. I don't think we should start discriminating about activity or dedication because it'll stop people from signing up and you really never know who is going to show up for matches or not.

3. Rules need to be redone obviously.

4. Late Adds, while helpful and not unbalancing this season they could easily become a point of contention in the future. Ideally we want teams drafted then set in stone all season until we start over again.

5. Growth, we need to try and advertise and get the word out about the league. I'm sure many old players would want to play again but how do we get in touch with them? I think the draft format is more successful and exciting than any clan based play NA has seen in a long time. Tight close games will appeal to a lot more people in the long run and new teams each season will lead to lots of people winning or having a good chance to win. I think if we can get up to the 10-20 team range it'd be great.

Remember the point of all this - to play more QW TDM. I don't think we want rules being so anal that people are using them to win matches or force scheduling, etc. Let's just play some fun matches and take it easy not stress out over wins and bad sportsmanship. Peace.
2012-01-11, 22:29
6 posts

Apr 2010
i agree. season increased play by something like 1000% in my best guess. this first season was a rocky road, but a learning experience. Next season will be much better.
2012-01-11, 23:04
123 posts

Mar 2006
Possible ideas instead of admin decided Late Adds but honestly I'd prefer no changes after the original draft. Just not sure it's workable.

1. Mid season draft, teams with worse records would go first. Players available for draft would be late sign ups or people not drafted in the original draft.

2. Free agents system which would be anyone not drafted originally or late sign ups. Any free agent would be available for any team but to recruit them onto your team you'd need to draft them at mid season or bid for them (teams with worse records would go first).

3. Free agents stepping in to fill empty slots so matches can be played?
2012-01-11, 23:36
383 posts

Jan 2006
Choose captains in advance. Make draft process as clear as possible.
Who pick first, second and so on. Try to get all players on draft, so captains can discuss next pick with current members.
With best wishes, B1aze.
  4 posts on 1 page  1