User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2011-09-26, 11:00
1 post

Sep 2011
Hi, Ati brings his first "fixed" Opengl drivers for never Ati Cards out.
It on my ati 5870 many Lags that i had on winxp and Win7 under opengl.
I think the overall perfomance is better to.

List of Fixes:

Quote:
AMD Catalyst™ Preview Driver Features:

Full support for the new OpenGL 4.2 specification. High-lights include:
City of Heroes: Resolves image corruption and random hangs found when playing City of Heroes
Enhanced support for generic read-write memory and high performance atomics in shaders (EXT_shader_image_load_store and ARB_shader_atomic_counters extensions), allowing advanced graphics algorithms to be implemented.
Increased flexibility in how texture memory is allocated and managed (ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage and EXT_texture_storage extensions).
Improved control and access to geometry instancing for improved performance (ARB_transform_feedback_instanced and ARB_base_instance).
Improvements to the OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL).
Added control over GPU optimizations related to depth testing (AMD_conservative_depth).
Improved guarantees about the alignment of mapped GPU memory (ARB_map_buffer_alignment).

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystOpenGL42BetaWin.aspx

Downloadlink: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=350110

maybe you can make this thread sticky.
2011-09-26, 11:19
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
I don't really see the news? They have implemented support for OpenGL 4.2, which is like far from needed to run clients like ezQuake atleast.

I haven't looked if any on of the fixes mentioned are related to functionality used in (e.g) ezQuake, but I'm having a hard time thinking this is ground breaking.
2011-09-26, 11:36
1329 posts

Apr 2006
iko wrote:
maybe you can make this thread sticky.

No, we won't.

Driver releases are not "sticky" material on this forum.
Servers: Troopers
  3 posts on 1 page  1