User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2011-04-09, 12:08
110 posts

Mar 2010
Ok, this is a problem i've had for a while but it recently got worse.

I've always had a problem with playing slide7, it says i got the wrong version. But as i said i recently noticed i have the same problem with these maps:

bloodfest
race1
race2
race3
race4
race5

(Anni's new slide maps).

The error message i get is this:

MAP MODEL FILE DOES NOT MATCH (MAPS/RACE1.BSP),

- 1061269015 != 142870818/-1642022943.

YOU MAY NEED A NEW VERSION OF THE MAP, OR THE PROPER INSTALL FILES.

Here's when it gets weird though! I can play them on local server by just going "map race1" for example, no problem at all. But when i connect to a server i get the above error message. Now, one would think i do have the wrong version... but i have never been able to play them on a server. These maps are new and i get this error message the very first time i dl them from the server.

I play with an old ezq version, but i also have a newer one for qtv speccing, and it doesnt work there either. These are the only maps i've had this problem with.

Solutions already tried:

Delete the maps and dl them again (tried about 200 times)
Sent my maps to someone else, they worked perfect for those people on any server.
Sending maps to me from someone it works for, and it won't work for me on the same server with the same file.
Searched for duplicate .bsp, but it's only 1 and in the right folder.

It has been suggested that it may be some mdl/texture problem... how the hell do i fix that?

I don't want to uninstall and reinstall ezq because that has lead to other problems in the past.
2011-04-09, 13:14
53 posts

Feb 2008
I had this error when i left an old version of the map in id/maps.quake checks that area as well,did you actually look in folders or search for duplicate ?
2011-04-09, 16:38
110 posts

Mar 2010
yes i've searched for example race5.bsp, only 1.

and this isnt "old versions", i get this error when i dl from the server for the first time... brand new maps.

also, just tried another new map and it works fine... it's something with those race maps that fuck up.

slide7 have been this way for a few years too.
2011-04-10, 01:13
110 posts

Mar 2010
CASE CLOSED!!

downloaded a new ezq.exe and it worked... dunno why!

thanks Stev
  4 posts on 1 page  1