User panel stuff on forum
  26 posts on 1 page  1
Team Fortress
2011-04-02, 08:22
5 posts

Oct 2010
Still playing EVERY DAY quads & 3v3, and on the weekends (maybe ) even bigger games
We got about 15 active players in Finland and couple of from Sweden and Russia.
Every now and then someone new pops up in the scene and finds it strange that someone is still playing this awsome game
But theres a lot of room in the scene and we need every single one of you to join us to make it bigger and stronger !
You find us in Irc, Quakenet on channel #gizmo.fi
We play tf in chosen.servegame.com and gizmo.fi servers.
No matter where ur from or how skilled or unskilled you are, ur always welcome to join us.

- Moonstone

Admin edit: Double posting is not necessary, so removed your other post.
2011-04-12, 05:41
5 posts

Oct 2010
Lot of ppl have checked this msg but only couple of u guys have made it into our channel, so stop idling and move ur asses
We need YOU to help us keep the scene alive, so please join us and give the good ol' team-fortress a one more change to prove its worthy..

- Moonstone
2011-04-12, 07:18
226 posts

Mar 2007
Moonstone, why would anyone start playing TF again? I'd suggest you guys move your asses forward and start playing some DM where there're still players and some scene left.

How many of those who've moved from TF to DM have had second thoughts?

None
2011-04-12, 08:19
485 posts

Feb 2006
Or play both!

For me TF was 8vs8+. Never got exited with small games.

How many former TF players are there left on the DM side? Maybe some kind of flashback tournament could work.
2011-04-12, 09:03
129 posts

Mar 2007
I played my first quad in many many many years last night. So it does happen!

I don't think they're necessarily looking for exclusivity. You can have an open relationship with TF and DM.
2011-04-12, 09:15
459 posts

Mar 2008
I would personally like to play both TF and CTF now and then. Both mods have been embraced for over a decade now and the concepts copied to a bunch of other games . A substained TF community, even when at a minimum as it seems it is now, is only a good thing for the scene and probably benefits even the DM scene in some way.

I've never tried TF tho, in any game, so I probably suck a bit. How does the cfg work? I would guess you need a bunch of other binds etc depending on class you pick (as I've understood, you pick a certain class at the beginnng of a round?). Ah, guess I have too many questions, but I would like to test it anyways. I'll drop by your channel one day
2011-04-12, 09:40
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
You will need binds to execute stuff like throwing grenades, build, disguise as a spy, feign death etc etc
A cfg for each class is recommended i guess
Chosen
2011-04-12, 13:58
312 posts

Feb 2006
You'll just need to modify your dm config a bit, like removing team and color settings and binding grenades and such. The class specific configs don't need too much stuff in them.
2011-04-12, 17:00
5 posts

Oct 2010
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
Moonstone, why would anyone start playing TF again? I'd suggest you guys move your asses forward and start playing some DM where there're still players and some scene left.

How many of those who've moved from TF to DM have had second thoughts?

None

Heh, may i ask u why not? Believe me, everyone active now on the scene has tried other games like tf but everyone says the same that theres that 'something' that is missing from other games that u find in tf and what keeps u coming back every time
I have to agree them, theres still not this day a game that can even get close to the speed and exitement playing online that good old team-fortress
And suggesting us who love playing team-fortress to go on and play DM is like saying someone to drive a Fiat instead of his Ferrari cos it's made by the same company. It's just not the same and theres something missing from it.

We know that lots of ppl would like to play team-fortress again but are too afraid that they might suck on it or that the game they loved playing in teenagers isn't the same or that it should stay in their memories as good as i was..
Sure, i can understand them but still i would say that u can have almost as good fun playing it as u did back then. At least give it a shot..won't kill ya
2011-04-12, 17:37
226 posts

Mar 2007
I'd say DM is faster than TF, that is what made me to change. Used to play TF as "[NG] shame"

TF players in DM atm:

Fix
Focu (?)
Fifi
Mel
Mipa
Miroslav (rgf)
Moje (napalmiz)
Pektopah
Quinn
Rage
Votary
Overdose

I dont know if there're still old TF players in Chosen.
There used to be more though, like Oyf, Joulukuu, Kzuu and the whole Elintarha crew.
2011-04-12, 18:14
5 posts

Oct 2010
Lol Shame i remember u ez.

But still dm and tf r so different games, not many like them both.

We get active atm:

Moonstone
Tonde
Ilex
Mipa
Egi
Ihmemies
Artize
Rz
Btmn
Pa3bath
Ironman
Zando
Puh
MQM-Dani
bw

Atleast what i could remember at this point
2011-04-12, 19:44
485 posts

Feb 2006
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
I dont know if there're still old TF players in Chosen.

Just me. A bit sad that we went from 100% to kalma% tf-players, but what can you do.
2011-04-12, 19:49
793 posts

Feb 2006
can you shoot people on the bridge? or is that 'forbidden'?

there's all kinds of funny meta-rules evolving in mods that are so old. just want to make sure what i'm getting myself into ;(
2011-04-12, 20:48
485 posts

Feb 2006
dEus wrote:

At least heavily frowned upon. But the small games are played offense vs defense.
2011-04-12, 22:17
793 posts

Feb 2006
i don't think i'll come back to it any time soon. my idea of a fun game of tf were these anarchic 16v16 well6 games where you plant a sg on the roof of the other teams base.

i'd love to spec some 'modern' games though, it's a shame you're not playing on qtv-enabled servers.
2011-04-13, 10:01
312 posts

Feb 2006
dEus wrote:

there's all kinds of funny meta-rules evolving in mods that are so old. just want to make sure what i'm getting myself into ;(

I play TF and I really hate these unwritten gentleman rules. You should be allowed to defend anywhere (or shoot/conc/etc any enemy you see), and the enemies would punish you for defending a shitty place by being played out of the situation. But instead they just stop and cry that you have to def at positions x, y or z and not further than 16.45 quakemeters away from the flag.
2011-04-13, 10:22
459 posts

Mar 2008
There's some of these unwritten rules in casual dm games as well. Two examples:

- Taking YAs in POVs
- Camping low rl in combination with tele camping on dm2 2on2.

I think unwritten gentlemans rules are stupid and a sign of resignation. If a tactic is too superior and can't be countered (which I in MOST cases think simply is laziness / lack of creativity), then the map with current settings simply don't work for competetive gaming. Then the map itself either be removed or adjusted, or some settings changed. Easy work around in pov is just "/no_items", but on DM2 it can seem really hopeless at times if your opponent plays really "serious" in 2on2.

If theres plenty of these gentlemans rules in TF... Well, not so motivating
2011-04-13, 21:40
133 posts

Dec 2008
:-) There was an epic thread in russian tf-forum several years ago about fighting on the bridge.
I partially agree with arguments that it makes game less funny but what I completely cannot understand is that how someone can blame not himself or his teammate but opponent that he cannot get into enemy fr and take flag.
What physically possible should be allowed or game settings changed.

Anyway TF is greater than casual dm ;-)

>>i'd love to spec some 'modern' games though, it's a shame you're not playing on qtv-enabled servers
gizmo.fi is probably qtv enabled but not on qtv.quakeworld.nu list.
Update: It has qtv port.
qtvplay 1@gizmo.fi:27500
I thought mvdsv with qtv enabled = qtv server. I was wrong. I is more complicately organized
Simplier is to connect and play
2011-04-13, 21:46
1435 posts

Jan 2006
what's the address of their qtv?
2011-04-13, 22:25
485 posts

Feb 2006
Rikoll wrote:
... then the map with current settings simply don't work for competetive gaming. Then the map itself either be removed or adjusted, or some settings changed. ...

That's the thing with TF, it was left hanging when devs left to make TF2. Such a mod would require continuing development as players improve.

Sniper was too strong, so class restriction setting was used to limit him to one per team and then ban the class altogether. That's why it's possible to have fights at yard/bridge in the first place.
2011-04-14, 07:05
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Haha, I remember when I started to hear news about TF2. Must have been in 1998-1999 something we where playing qw, starcraft and teamfortress mostly at that time. It sounded and looked so cool and we, the guys at our lans, awaited it with great expectations. Some pictures also came out that looked alot like Half Life, it was tanks, helicopters and "normal" looking soldiers. Then it just died and years later we started to get news about the TF2 that actually was released. I guess TF could have needed some more development, we abandoned it as soon as we discovered dm 4on4.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/An-early-look-at-Team-Fortress-2-sports-a-familiar-look-from-Valve-similar-to-the-original-Team-Fortress-and-Counter-Strike-titles,Z-W-94604-13.jpg
Chosen
2011-06-12, 02:34
2 posts

Jun 2011
I will try to stop by and play sometime, but I admit since I take TF very seriously as a competitive game it will be VERY frustrating for me with a 200 ping.
2011-06-12, 15:13
793 posts

Feb 2006
o wow KillJoy, I seem to remember that name.
2011-07-01, 15:13
24 posts

Oct 2009
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42564315/agr/Custom_TF_AGR_package_0.8b.zip (850 Mb) by Sapphired
---------------------------------------------------------
This package contains all files needed to play on AGR server tastyspleen.net:26666
-Fte qw client (i recommend use fteqw, the official 100% AGR compatible client)
-Ezquake 2.1 qw client (ezquake-gl.exe)
-AGR approved map
-All .pak files needed - textures, skins, wavs,locs, mdls etc
-Pre configured settings, deafult .cfg used - fortress/simple_cfg.cfg

How to play:
-Start ezquake-gl.exe or fte.exe
-Configure controls before playing via client control menu or via modifiying simple_cfg.cfg and execing (exec simple_cfg.cfg) it in console
-Type in console 'connect tastyspleen.net:26666' and connect to the server
-Use 'custom' command to customize your class
-We play Every Sundays at 22:00 GMT or 23:00

Enjoy!

Usefull Links:
http://www.attackersgored.com/ - AGR site
http://www.attackersgored.com/?page_id=754 - setup FAQ for beginers (visit it to download latest fet version)
http://www.attackersgored.com/?p=919 - another FAq if you still got issues
http://www.quakeservers.net/quakeworld/server_status/2350/ - server status
http://wiki.quakeworld.nu/Prozac-TF#Customising - custom TF items FAQ
http://gfx.quakeworld.nu/ - customization (gfxand other replacement media for QuakeWorld)
http://qrp.quakeone.com/ - (Quake Retexturing Project + Remodelling Project) - modern textures, highly recommended

http://gyazo.com/ff1444d88d94b169ad9e95940f3bb9d2.png

(Edited 2013-12-12, 07:02)
Custom TF AGR on Sunday's (22:00 GMT) ---> tastyspleen.net:26666
2012-01-09, 01:58
7 posts

Jan 2007
woo, this server still exists I had a ezquake error when I joined, but gizmo.fi totally works. Maybe see you guys around...?
2012-01-16, 21:16
5 posts

Oct 2010
Gizmo.fi is the only server that we play nowdays, you find us there daily Also if u need some help with your ezquake etc join our irc-channel #gizmo.fi @quakenet, we are happy to help you if it means we got 1 new player
  26 posts on 1 page  1