User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2011-01-21, 00:45
950 posts

Apr 2006
It's still beta, but it needs filling up, so I need you to help players help you!!

I've put together a StackExchange clone for everything Quake related for people to find quick and efficient help to their questions.
System includes tagging, notifications, point rewards for participation, hell, you could even become moderator if you do participate enough!

Please give it a look, shoot a few questions, answer others... and then comment here or on #qw-dev, I'm eager to hear what you have to say about it.

http://qa.qw-dev.net

Again: it is beta and announcement on top of website will state the current priorities. If you feel you can help in any way, please say so

Thanks.
2011-01-21, 09:18
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
What are the benefits compared to searching a forum with 57520 replies and 4260 topics in it?

Edit: Reading this again i guess i kinda answered my own question, still you tend to find your answer in the first hits anyway.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2011-01-21, 09:40
950 posts

Apr 2006
Indeed, although sometimes you have to go through pages on a specific subject to find the answer you are looking for.

Nice thing with the QA website is the ability for people to vote good answers up (and even define definitive answer if you are the one who asked the question) so that they appear on top and get easier to find. Tagging also helps a lot finding questions related to a subject you want to know more about without having a specific question in mind (ex: HUD config, teamplay settings, ...).
  3 posts on 1 page  1