User panel stuff on forum
  2 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2011-01-03, 21:37
28 posts

Nov 2009
Greetings,

I've installed nQuake in my new pc and a couple days ago I pasted zelTF folders from another installation inside nQuake folder and, well, things didn't turn out as expected. The problem is that tf cfgs aren't loaded even when I'm on a tf server. I suppose there's something wrong with the configuration files, and maybe is somewhat easy to solve, but Quakes's cfgs were always a mystery to me. Right now there are three cfgs (beside each class own cfg) somewhere inside quake folder. They are:

\...\quake\ezquake\configs\config.cfg - nQuake default cfg containing tons of variables, aliases and key binds.
\...\quake\fortress\config.cfg - zelTF cfg containing sensivity, fov and crosshair configurations, key bindings and grenades scripts.
\...\quake\fortress\fortress.cfg - video and sound settings, particle effects and some other things are defined here. Also contains weapons aliases.

There are also two autoexec.cfg files:

\...\quake\qw\autoexec.cfg - nQuake autoexec.
\...\quake\id1\autoexec.cfg - zelTF autoexec. There are only three lines in this file:

gamedir fortress

// SERVER BROWSER SETTINGS

sb_hideempty "0" // Shows empty servers
sb_showmap "1" // Shows server map

How can I make it work properly? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
2011-01-04, 10:07
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Will you be using it just for TF?

You can rename "\...\quake\fortress\config.cfg" to zeltf.cfg, then when on a tf server, or after setting gamedir to fortress, just "/exec zeltf.cfg" - That way the binds and scripts will be loaded onto the nQuake default cfg.

If you then want to only use this installation for tf, just do "cfg_save" - Else do "cfg_save tf" and use "cfg_load tf" when you are going to play tf.
  2 posts on 1 page  1