User panel stuff on forum
  33 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Client Talk
2010-12-06, 13:20
150 posts

Nov 2006
DMT, if you remove ALL texture/model PAKs from EZQ, im pretty sure you will get similar fps since fodq isnt using external textures/models

FODQ GFX is pratically non-existent.
2010-12-06, 13:53
284 posts

Oct 2006
MatriX wrote:
MatriX wrote:
I found out the problematic file, its \qw\G_WEAPONS.pak

I tried extracting the pak, but the RL model gets screwed in game using the corresponding directories, so why does this happen ?
Without this file, i get perfect stable fps in aerowalk in that spot, on dm6 there were also few spots where fps drops happens with this file
I suppose this is the only file causing problems, since all other models don't seem to be causing issues.

Side Note: I dont have only 675 fps, if i set cl_maxfps 0 i get 1120 fps in that spot

That doesn't really tell me much as I don't have it. Is it from nQuake or where? I remember seeing those some years back, so nQuake could be a good candidate and even though I was involved in the core team early with nQuake and complained about the FPS you get with the basic settings, I don't think it ever got fixed or analysed.
2010-12-06, 14:03
150 posts

Nov 2006
the g_weapons.pak is inside nquake package, dont know if you can find it somewhere to download also, so i don't know if it was created for nQuake package.
  33 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page