User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2010-09-17, 16:21
284 posts

Oct 2006
I've been looking at quite a few reviews on the net concerning the wireless mode in Razer Mamba and most of them simply say that you won't notice.

But since I don't trust most reviewers to actually be able to account for the level of smoothness and low delay required by many qw enthusiasts, I thought I'd ask if anyone had experience of the mouse?

I'm very interested in the mouse due to wireless rocking hard and some of the fixes the had made compared to the DeathAdder (even Respawn) which I'm playing with at the moment.

I'm also interested in the Imperator, so please give your impressions if you've played with it.

However, there is a big problem with both of these mice: fkn laser. Don't know how many times I've said that I'd never trust another laser mouse, I've always folded and pretty much all my problems with mouse sensors have been with laser mice: g5, g9, xai (can't remember if I had problems with Habu as I used it for a very short time).
2010-09-17, 16:42
59 posts

Mar 2010
Haven't tried it myself but I advice searching www.esreality.com for very detailed mouse info. There are like every mouse tested and reviewed etc. And lots of users' comments.
2010-09-17, 17:44
284 posts

Oct 2006
rlx wrote:
Haven't tried it myself but I advice searching www.esreality.com for very detailed mouse info. There are like every mouse tested and reviewed etc. And lots of users' comments.

Yeah, I used to read esreality quite a bit for those, especially when they did those funky tests back in the day But now I specifically want feedback from qw players, especially those that really really care about smoothness and response Many times the best answers are filtered here due to a small scene and a history of tweaking hardcore, if not from the players directly, then as links to good pinpoint information points made on other sites. Reading through most comments etc on esreality and any bigger site is tiresome and rarely results in much new knowledge.
2011-02-04, 07:31
73 posts

Oct 2010
I have razer imperator - for qw it's perfect. just turn of that blue light diodes.. and maybe adjust sensitivity - if you use not the same dpi as before.
1000hz out of the box without drivers. but scrolling wheel is very big.. it's was hard at first times to hold finger there. and it glitches in q3 - not jumping a few times per duel, sometimes don't stop firing until you press the mouse1 again. in qw - perfect ) it behaves strange at windows startup - not moving before you press any mouse button sometimes.
not without drawbacks but still very good. maybe it's even little better than mx518 ))
2011-03-29, 17:27
28 posts

Apr 2007
Razer Mamba is smoother than G5 but I have issues with its laser and the tracking jumps at times with the new razer pad I bought, it just wont work with the teflon pad I use G5 with. It's a nice mouse, shiny and stuff, but perhaps I need the proper pad I don't know.
2011-03-29, 20:44
48 posts

Sep 2007
I bought mamba and had to return the crap. The laser stopped working when i lifted the mouse and took some time before it got back..
Got a mx518 instead...
the mamba wireless or wired was the same really so no problems there.
2011-03-29, 21:26
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
There's this wide-known issue of Z-axis in Imperator. Just search YT and google for it.
2011-03-30, 08:17
52 posts

Feb 2008
Ive had alot of mice for qw.. g5.. death adder, xia, mx518. g9, and now the one im uisng is the zowie ec2.. so far out of the mice i have used "FOR" qw the best one i have found that work for "ME" is this zowie, its basically a mx518 with a souped up sensor,, but i have found flaws with it, 1. dpi switch is on the bottom of the mouse although easy to change but very irritating in multi sens games like in tank/out of tank in bfbc2.. 2.. no profiles asdf was telling me earlier that he made a profile on the g9 so one of the buttons is bount to a keystroke.. excellent idea for you sc2 players.. zowie however doesnt have any drivers ect profiles ect..

out of the mice above id say adder is good,, but for a insane mouse g9/ec2 or ec1 depending on your style grip.. palm adder mx518 ec2 small hand ec1 bighand,, claw g9 is BEAST!!!!

from a strict qw standpoint ec1 has been my best rl/movement mouse to date..

hope this helps

rex
2011-03-30, 12:23
Administrator
334 posts

Jan 2006
Don't trust rille regarding "feeling". He can't see difference between 75hz and 120hz screen for QW
Although the issue with the Mamba was genuine.
ready!
  9 posts on 1 page  1