User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2010-08-30, 12:44
1435 posts

Jan 2006
I was browsing the tourney.cc site, which aims to allow everyone to run a tournament.

Things I noticed:
+ it loads fast
+ it is simple and clean
+ some qw tournaments have already been held there (1, 2)
- many tournaments are "dead" - either there are no sign-ups or no matches at all
- often the results are not filled in (bracket games just end 1:0 or 0:1 and that's all)
- it is hard to find _really_ active tournaments
- overall, the site is rather minimalistic

The site feels weird overall (especially if you browse all the "dead" tournaments), but there are some "ok" tournaments which contain the most important info and with some efforts the results are viewable too. Most of the problems I mentioned above is I guess caused by lazy admins or lazy participant not willing to fill-in sign-up forms or match results, etc.

Anyway, what is your experience with this site? Why more QW tournaments weren't held there? Even on qw.nu forum there were a couple of users who claimed "I would run a tournament, I just need someone to do a site for it", so why didn't they use this site? Maybe some tournament for rookies could be easily done there?
2010-08-30, 12:55
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Some quick personal reflections:

- What people seem to be most interested of is results and games.
* The site lacked a good overview of results
* It's good with brackets, but its really not easy to get the whole picture
* The result pages are just a boring small screenshot with the score, stats would have made it much better
* Overall statistics would make it a lot more interesting, perhaps some "Best LG in the tourney so far: Player with X % avg." like stats too.

- The site is generally ugly and looks really old

I'm thinking of getting back into shape with programming for the web, perhaps should try to make some modular site for tourneys..
2010-08-30, 16:57
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
I've used the tourney.cc site for tournaments in other games, I would however refrain from using it for qw, as it really lacks any type of result registration.
2010-09-10, 15:35
40 posts

Feb 2009
We tried qwtourney for qwhulan, but it was not a huge success... we could not set it up properly. Sad, but if u wanna make a custom tournament, it is easier if u manage in a excel sheet.
/say_team $R fuck yeah!
  4 posts on 1 page  1