5 posts on 1 page  1
Graphics Discussion
2010-04-30, 08:05
459 posts

Mar 2008
Hay there!

I seem to have some trouble getting some parts of this model pack to work:

http://gfx.quakeworld.nu/details/149/brightskins/

Wanted to try this cause I had some problems spotting some of the megahealths when using /gl_simpleitems 1 (the one at sng-mega on dm3 when walking the stairs, and the one at GL on DM2 when standing on the teleport exit stairs).

The weapons and armors is working fine, but the health and ammo packs just simply wont work. I've followed the instructions in readme.txt. Tried some different stuff as well, like clean Quake install, some different configs etc, but always with the same result.

Any tips, hints or even solutions to this?
2010-04-30, 08:07
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
Change fov!
Chosen
2010-04-30, 08:20
76 posts

Oct 2009
did you load also debug models as in gfx description?
2010-04-30, 10:39
459 posts

Mar 2008
Is that some config setting? Tried 3 different configs (my own + two others), so it would be a bit weird but absolutely a possibility.

@ Hooray: sure, had to readjust a lot of my settings after switching from DA -> g9x so my fov is at a pretty "normal" level I would imagine now. Tried to go back to my previous sens / fov settings as I had with DA, but that have proven to be quite tough :-). Thanks for the very, very constructive suggestion though! ;-)
2010-04-30, 10:57
26 posts

Mar 2010
If you load up brightskins.pak in PakExplorer, you'll see that the health and ammo skins are in the bmodels subdirectory. My guess is that you need to get rid of any custom health / ammo files in your qw/textures/bmodels directory (in addition to files removed from qw/textures/models) in order for this to work.

Let me know how it goes.

(Or if you have Pak Explorer, you could simply extract the files into the correct places.)

(And I assume gl_externalTextures_bmodels is set to 1.)
  5 posts on 1 page  1