User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2010-04-06, 14:15
2 posts

Apr 2010
Hey there,

i've installed quake on my ubuntu system and loaded a cfg from here and modded it a bit.
All worked well but ezquake refuses to take my grenade launcher script
"alias +gr "impulse 6 3 2;+attack"
alias -gr "-attack;impulse 2" "

I've already checked if i have the newest version of ezquake and installed it to be 100% sure but still everything i get when i press the assigned button is the shotgun and that's totally weird.

Anyone know what exactly the problem could be?

thanks!
2010-04-06, 21:19
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
First of all, welcome to the Quakeworld.nu forum!

As for your question i remember i had some problems with this aswell, or at least a similar problem and i also remember that it might have had something to do with cl_weaponpreselect which i had to disable i think when i made scripts in the way you describe.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2010-04-06, 21:23
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
According to the documentation it might work better if you change impulse to weapon. Might be worth a try, but make sure you understand what the various settings of the weaponpreselect command do first

Edit: Another problem i realized i had with this was that the currently used ammo (i.e. rockets when using the rocket launcher) wouldn't display properly for more than 0,000001 second when using the weaponpreselect/weaponhide thingie for some reason, and before realizing this i had a very hard time keeping track of how many rockets i had left. It really put my whole game off after coming back with a new QW install.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2010-04-08, 11:03
2 posts

Apr 2010
thanks for the fast answer Ake Vader!
I changed every impulse into weapon but still it wouldn't work so i tried the cl_weaponpreselect and it worked like a charm - thanks! :-)
  4 posts on 1 page  1