Maps & Textures
2011-07-12, 10:02
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
I already said it on the server but here we go again:
- some graphics details added to YA area
- some banners and details at GA/LG
- Quad moved away a bit from the TELE (lined up with two pillars)
- possibility to hide behind the boxes at QUad area perhaps?
2011-07-12, 12:03
226 posts

Mar 2007
To be honest, 2011 maps should look better than ones made in 1996 and this one is even more bulkier than ID's maps. I'm not saying that Anni's is a bad map maker but this is his first map and it looks like that. Like the sledge in YA area is not even.

About gameplay: Quadroom seems too good for camping, quad, shaft, ga and a box of shells next to each other not very good I think.

And I think the layout is too big and complicated and rooms lack personality.

I wonder why this map has got so much more attention than Muff1ns maps, which are by far more completed maps, both architectural- and gameplay-wise
2011-07-12, 12:58
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
To be honest, 2011 maps should look better than ones made in 1996 and this one is even more bulkier than ID's maps. I'm not saying that Anni's is a bad map maker but this is his first map and it looks like that. Like the sledge in YA area is not even.

I agree that some parts really need graphical improvements. More diversified design is what what I like most.

PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
About gameplay: Quadroom seems too good for camping, quad, shaft, ga and a box of shells next to each other not very good I think.

Well, you have YA/RL to attack (it's very near) and RA/RL/MEGA stronghold to run through. I can't say whether it's bad/good. Games will tell.

PEKTOPAHKY wrote:
I wonder why this map has got so much more attention than Muff1ns maps, which are by far more completed maps, both architectural- and gameplay-wise

I agree that Muffin's maps are more advanced. The only reason I can think of now is that it's summer inactivity.
Pekto: Muffin's maps are played too: there are some demos on Asters (ctl5, ctl6beta6) to download.
2011-07-12, 14:14
News Writer
436 posts

Jan 2006
My focus was ever to make a playable map! Why putting months for design, if 90% play with picmip 5 or higher. But I will definitely catch up with the criticism and find a solution that please most. Since most item placement looks good now, I can use my time to improve the design
2011-07-13, 19:07
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Some windows are made like just holes in the walls, nothing else. Even with picmip you would like to be able to recognize where actually edges of the window are exactly, by some special layout or texture for example (preferably both).
  95 posts on 4 pages  First page1234Last page