User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
LAN tournaments
2009-11-24, 16:39
125 posts

Jan 2008
Swedish article: http://svt.se/dreamhack
SVT = Sveriges Television (Swedens Television)

I translated it roughly:

E-sport, live from Dreamhack
On friday and saturday SVT will be sending live directly from the e-sports-tournaments at Dreamhack Jönköping, at http://svt.se/dreamhack.
The program's host Miguel Bonett will be leading the coverage from our studio at the scene, from early afternoon to midnight. We will be closing each night off with finals from the biggest games.

Miguel Bonett
is himself an old swedish master and world champion in Counter-Strike, and has 2 years of professional gaming behind him.
With him in the studio there will be several expert commentators, that will guide the audience through the matches.

I had never heard of him before, so asked a good friend of mine that's a top cs player who he was and if he were any big name really.
Apparently he's an old-school player. His in-game nick used to be "quick" and he played with vesslan, fisker, ahl

The tournaments will be broadcasted on the internet and will be viewable at SVT's homepage, http://svt.se/dreamhack. In conjunction with the broadcast SVT will be testing a new technique for live broadcasting with higher quality to more viewers. The new videoplayer, which is still in betaphase, is built upon distribution in a non hierarchical network, so called P2P-distribution, which means that unused bandwidth from the viewer is used to send the stream forward to other viewers close by. For those who want the broadcast will also be available in traditional format.

SVT's studio is located just outside the e-Sport-hall at Dreamhack inside Elmia. Amongst the tournaments that will be covered is World of Warcraft, Counter-Strike and Quake

Air time
• friday 13.45 - 23.45 (ca)
• saturday 15.00 - 23.45 (ca)

Even tho they probably mainly means QuakeLive and not QuakeWorld, and even tho its "only" broadcasted on the internet, I still think this is something amazing.
I just hope they show the QW grand final there. would be epic
2009-11-24, 16:46
705 posts

Feb 2006
Did he just call QL quake? eat shit and die.
2009-11-24, 16:50
Administrator
886 posts

Jan 2006
as you say - its probably quake live. but what the heck, cool that SVT finally started digging into e-sport.
Join us on discord.quake.world
2009-11-24, 17:08
5 posts

Apr 2008
as ruskie said: netquake wat?
2009-11-24, 17:13
705 posts

Feb 2006
I can already confirm that QW won't be in the coverage.
2009-11-25, 00:27
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Their cameramen can't keep up with LocKtar
2010-01-11, 09:09
47 posts

Mar 2006
There was like 15 seconds from a quakeworld match in one of their clips, don't remember which one though.
I'll see if I can talk to them about getting some real coverage of the qw tournaments in the future...
  7 posts on 1 page  1