User panel stuff on forum
  164 posts on 6 pages  First page123456Last page
QW.nu polls
2009-10-28, 13:14
192 posts

Mar 2006
The situation in qw is unique and very different. There are not enough players to start custom mixes or leagues and veterans are the reason why the games still lives. So they have the power to enforce others which map they want to play, otherwise they stop playing qw and then the community will slowly die without them. So eventually I quit my dream in seeing some hot actions on tdm custom maps and be happy with King of Kenya and some custom map mixes.
2009-10-28, 13:38
793 posts

Feb 2006
reply to blAze:

i'm not writing down for the 4th time why we in the lower divs 'give a damn' about a coherent mappool for the last 4on4 tdm league there is. go back and read up if you want to know.

it's not me playing stupid but rather you by insisting that it's the lower divs will that's forcing you to play kenya. the example of the single clan was supposed to show how it is a) the will of the div 1 clan to play a non-tb3 map that is causing the non-tb3 map to be played (*not* the will of any lower divs because those don't have a saying in what maps are chosen in a div 1 game). b) how the influence of this div 1 clans' choice of kenya maps is limited to a small number of rounds for the other clans (1 in 14).

in any case it's shows how your claim of enforcement of kenya is laughable.

let's keep this thread going.. :/
2009-10-28, 14:05
485 posts

Feb 2006
Playoff matches will have kenya ("No map can be played more than once" unless a team wins 3-0 on tb3 first.
2009-10-28, 14:29
793 posts

Feb 2006
this is true and has been mentioned, see a couple posts up on this page. until yesterday the rules said 'No map can be played more than once, except in BO5 games (Playoffs)'. i liked this version better because it rules out the possibility that two clans that don't want to play kenya have to play it. nobody wants to see a playoff game have a decider map that both clans don't want to play.
2009-10-28, 15:34
462 posts

Jan 2006
dEus wrote:
lower divs 'give a damn' about a coherent mappool

it's not me playing stupid but rather you by insisting that it's the lower divs will that's forcing you to play kenya.

Yeah, it's more important that lower divs have a feeling of "coherence" than that div1 gets to play with a map pool they actually want to play with. :rolleyes:

Quote:
those don't have a saying in what maps are chosen in a div 1 game

They want to have a saying what maps CAN be chosen in a div1 game, which is stupid. Only people who should have a saying about the map pool in div1 are the people playing in div1. We don't play this game for you, but for our own amusement.

Quote:
how the influence of this div 1 clans' choice of kenya maps is limited to a small number of rounds for the other clans (1 in 14).

That's still quite a bit of "free" points for the one clan if no one else is interested in playing or praccing those maps, and could eventually decide the outcome of the whole tournament.
2009-10-28, 19:30
793 posts

Feb 2006
blAze wrote:
... for our own amusement.

i know you don't care about qw scene as a whole/ eql league, you've said that before. you also don't care about div 1 of eql as that would imply taking clans like USSR into consideration.

you're focused on the elite players that would rather lose a leg or stop playing altogether before allowing more maps into the mapool. however this isn't about the wishes and needs of a one exclusive group of players. it's about this season of eql, check the thread title. those pesky other clans won't disappear just because you don't like their opinions.
2009-10-28, 20:40
462 posts

Jan 2006
dEus wrote:
you also don't care about div 1 of eql as that would imply taking clans like USSR into consideration.

I'm taking into consideration the 7 other clans out of the 8 in div1, that apparently don't want customs in the map pool. We have old stars like Valla talking about comeback and the first thing you want to do is to force them to play with a map pool that they, according to their comments, have no interest in playing. We had two pracs today, with CMT and with Fusion, and they both adamantly refused to prac cmt1b. How are we supposed to prac this map when no one in div1 even agrees to prac it? USSR wants to score some easy points with it so they probably don't play us and no one else cares to play. What's the point?
2009-10-28, 21:02
386 posts

Apr 2006
blAze wrote:
We had two pracs today, with CMT and with Fusion, and they both adamantly refused to prac cmt1b.

That's odd. Every time we've played fusion we've had at least one cmt1b game. Maybe they're just afraid of milton?

We're playing CMT now. I'll let you know if 1b gets played!

[edit] Yup, we're playing CMT on it right now. So far only segfaulters ditched us once tb3 was over and we have played a LOT of clans lately. I guess the fact that you're tVS makes it harder to find willing opposition; People seem to be less willing to play experienced or very skilled teams on the new maps. I suggest placing your mouse pad on a mechanical paint mixer and fakenicking as me.[/edit]
2009-10-28, 21:09
462 posts

Jan 2006
Stev wrote:
That's odd. Every time we've played fusion we've had at least one cmt1b game. Maybe they're just afraid of milton?

We're playing CMT now. I'll let you know if 1b gets played!

Or did I mix them up with dies-ater? :F If so, my bad. Either way it's really difficult to get anyone to play it.
2009-10-28, 21:52
33 posts

Aug 2008
haven't read the last 2 pages, but if milton support cmt1b than that's reason enough!
2009-10-28, 23:38
News Writer
169 posts

Dec 2007
blAze wrote:
Either way it's really difficult to get anyone to play it.

I'll be collecting statistics this season and if I have too I'll make sure TB3 only people gets a tournament sometime during spring/summer. Possibly means running a Kenya tournament and then directly following up with a TB3 tournament, but if it remains like this I will at least make sure there is an alternative to mixed tourney only because it sucks to have maps in tournaments that are never pracced.

Just wanted to say, if things suck they will get improved during spring. Please continue the discussion, I find it interesting and useful.
2009-10-29, 06:50
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
summer might be a bad idea tho zapp
a lot of ppl are away or just dont play qw during summer (may-august seems really bad) atleast

rather have it in september then
Chosen
2009-10-29, 06:52
News Writer
1267 posts

Jun 2007
#160 yeah lets do what milton wants!

Chosen
2009-10-29, 15:02
News Writer
169 posts

Dec 2007
Hooraytio wrote:
summer might be a bad idea tho zapp
a lot of ppl are away or just dont play qw during summer (may-august seems really bad) atleast

rather have it in september then

Its not like I would run a tournament for two months like EQL. That is just way too big, perhaps four weeks would be better for a dubble elim.
  164 posts on 6 pages  First page123456Last page