User panel stuff on forum
  16 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2009-09-03, 10:05
Member
53 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
I've heard that alot of people is complaining about the old versions of mvdsv and ktx on pangela.se, that shouldn't be an issue now since they've been upgraded.

Any requests about the server can be taken in this thread.

Best regards
2009-09-03, 11:56
Member
42 posts

Registered:
Apr 2007
I love the qwfwd! Saves me alot of anger (anger with 38ms that is).
Thanks for running the servers.
http://www.rocketz.se - a quakeworld blog in the 21st century
2009-09-04, 15:33
Administrator
871 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
these servers are the best.
I'd like to extend the map pool with nacmidair and povdmm4b, then this server is 100%
cheers!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2009-09-07, 09:10
Member
53 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
bps wrote:
these servers are the best.
I'd like to extend the map pool with nacmidair and povdmm4b, then this server is 100%
cheers!

Fixed!

Enjoy
2009-09-07, 13:37
Administrator
871 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
thanks alot man!
Join us on discord.quake.world
2009-09-07, 20:43
Moderator
1329 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
QTV ports are unreachable, wrong password. Msg me on irc or use email from my profile and we can re-enable those.
Servers: Troopers
2009-09-09, 09:09
Moderator
1329 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Quakeworld.fi QTV now lists pangela.se servers again.
Servers: Troopers
2009-09-10, 23:44
Moderator
1329 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
It seems the servers were actually downgraded to over a year old release versions.

The only way to get current release candidates is to use SVN. Instructions can be found from KTX wiki page.
Servers: Troopers
2009-09-12, 17:53
Member
53 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
Renzo wrote:
It seems the servers were actually downgraded to over a year old release versions.

The only way to get current release candidates is to use SVN. Instructions can be found from KTX wiki page.

Compiled the new ones, I guess it worked, don't get connected with QTV tho. I set the password exactly the same.
2009-09-12, 19:55
Moderator
1329 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
It has already connected, QTV increases the reconnection delay on every failed attempt so it might take a bit longer than usually if the server is down for some time (however the max delay is configured to 12 hours).

Did you notice that we had done a lot of config related stuff too? The new server package will have slightly altered config files (removed a lot of irrelevant crap), but I haven't had the time to built it yet. Also the current RC structure will be the same as with upcoming release, since there will be no more changes before the release unless something really bad shows up.
Servers: Troopers
2009-09-14, 05:44
Member
53 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
Renzo wrote:
It has already connected, QTV increases the reconnection delay on every failed attempt so it might take a bit longer than usually if the server is down for some time (however the max delay is configured to 12 hours).

Did you notice that we had done a lot of config related stuff too? The new server package will have slightly altered config files (removed a lot of irrelevant crap), but I haven't had the time to built it yet. Also the current RC structure will be the same as with upcoming release, since there will be no more changes before the release unless something really bad shows up.

I didn't look over the configuration awhole lot, just corrected all passwordrelated. Do you have some kind of e-mail notify system, so you get a notice as soon as you release something new? It would be great if there was such a function, because I don't visit the forums and the websites alot.

Anyways, thanks for the heads up on the wrong version update
2009-09-14, 10:00
Moderator
1329 posts

Registered:
Apr 2006
Project pages using Redmine have RSS feeds. And our projects have them enabled of course.
Servers: Troopers
2009-10-02, 15:35
Member
53 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
Servers down because of upgrade, downtime aprox. 15-30 mins.
2010-08-16, 08:22
Member
459 posts

Registered:
Mar 2008
These servers are still the best choice for many Scandinavian players, with 0 pl, stable ms, and low ms.

However, something is weird with the way demos of recently played games are saved on the disk, and when using "cmd dlist x" function, you might often not find the game just played. Only way to get past this as of now that I've seen, is using the "cmd dl ." "cmd dl .." etc, where . is the latest demo, .. second latest, etc.

If you ever get time to look into this, and perhaps even find a solution, that would be awesome. (Could it have something to do with free space on the disk the demos are saved to?)
2010-08-16, 09:20
Member
485 posts

Registered:
Feb 2006
I've had the same problem as Rikoll in late June.
2010-08-16, 11:35
Administrator
871 posts

Registered:
Jan 2006
Me too! Would be nice with a fix to this, cheers Pangela
Join us on discord.quake.world
  16 posts on 1 page  1