/tumult
2009-08-30, 12:12
347 posts

Feb 2006
Yes, please.
2009-08-30, 15:55
188 posts

May 2007
This is not a definite "no", but it doesn't look very good.
2009-08-30, 16:54
386 posts

Apr 2006
After the unmitigated disaster of last season I don't see why anyone would even want another season unless there were some guarantees that the whole thing would run smoother this time.

The scene would probably be better off with a big tourney like duelmania or ownage in a month or two.
2009-08-30, 18:54
188 posts

May 2007
I disagree, that it was an "unmitigated disaster" but the first 2 seasons weren't what you would call smooth, so the third season should be planned and prepared well or not be done at all. And I agree that a big knock-out tourney is already missing for quite some time
2009-08-30, 21:32
459 posts

Mar 2008
Some sort of duel tourney would be nice. If its QWDL, duelmania or whatever doesn't matter much. Depends ofc on people who wanna run it. QWDL was far from a disaster imo, and I think many would look forward to another season if that will happen.
2009-08-31, 05:27
569 posts

Feb 2006
looking at the ammount of games between evenly matched players. qwdl season 1 and 2 would be the most successfull qw tournaments ever. Perhaps even the most successfull fps tournaments ever.

But I know that aint everything in a game we play for fun
2009-08-31, 08:01
312 posts

Feb 2006
I think QWDL might still work, but it needs a lot more active admin(s). Grump seems to set up nice rules and stuff for the tournament and then completely vanish after gameweek one. The players sign up and don't play, and the admin sets the tournament up and doesn't administrate at all.
2009-08-31, 09:25
133 posts

Sep 2007
mipa wrote:
I think QWDL might still work, but it needs a lot more active admin(s). Grump seems to set up nice rules and stuff for the tournament and then completely vanish after gameweek one. The players sign up and don't play, and the admin sets the tournament up and doesn't administrate at all.

I agree and I'm sure Grump has many reasons for this such as a busy life, but it would be cool if he could implement a nice admin system so that the other admins could actually do stuff. Most of the time things can only be changed by Grump which imo is a huge drain on him since he's allready so busy.

Last season was quite silly for me as much players in my league didn't play or weren't really interested which made me lose my interest in it as well. So I actualy thought the season was a disaster, but reading the comments of rikoll and will I changed my mind as that opinion was solely based on my own experience. So a lot of people actually had fun, but what it lacked was coverage. Allthough my div sucked I was curious to see what was happening in the high divs, but it felt like nothing was happening all the time. Just some result updates and whine about wrong match reports that weren't fixed for a week or longer. That gave me the feeling that the league was dead.

People should also only signup if they consider it fun to play in the league and come to irc sometimes so they can be found.

Anyways I think I would sign up and I wouldn't mind doing some coverage of the higher divs either.

Oh and introducing a new map would be cool too
2009-08-31, 09:44
398 posts

Feb 2006
One more season yes please \o/ For me season 2 was amazing since I managed to play all my nine games, and that also in the first 3 weeks of the tourney Too bad so many other divisions were idle, but I think it's actually mostly because of the players.. You have to be good at harassing your fellow division mates to be able to get the games played! Plz bring us more 1on1 \o/ I need practise for next dreamhack
2009-08-31, 09:59
188 posts

May 2007
I would be interessted in admin another season, but as Kwibus said: we either need grump or he needs to make the whole page accessible for other admins so they can fix stuff. Furthermore we have to make sure that the players signing up are going to play. This will possibly include not allowing players into the season which were kicked from last season for being inactive. But again everything depends on grump.
2009-09-06, 17:11
173 posts

Jun 2008
If a few admins get together and agree to actually be around, hassle players, etc. then I will do a little bit of work on the site. As Kwibus mentioned, coverage is required - and alot of it. It would be good if high div players would schedule early so that their fans know when to watch ;-)

I never actually wanted to admin anything. After last season, I am don't really want to put any effort in. I did start coding a new version that was all cool and would support multiple players per team and stuff like that but after the amount of BS that I had to put up with - mainly because a lot of players are simply too lazy to read the fking rules, I stopped. I have better things to do with my time than give it away for free to a bunch of people that just slag me off.

Admining anything online is hard work and I have a lot of respect for everyone that does it. I think it is a shame that a few vocal idiots can really spoil things.

One big problem last season was the amount of players that signed up but did not want to play. I have no idea how to effectively combat that.
2009-09-06, 20:15
188 posts

May 2007
So, if we are really going to start a third season, I would like to know from you guys how we should handle idle players. If you have a look at the results of the last season, we will have to ban around 60 players. This includes top players such as Bulat and Razor as well as the whole divisions 7 and 13. This means we would have to ban around 40% of the playerbase of last season. Having to ban such a huge amount of players is making the promotion/demotion system a bit useless.

I know that us admins were too inactive last season, but those numbers show that there are funtamental flaws in the behaviour of the players. So if we go on with the QWDL as we thought it should be, then we have to make sure that the games are played and that idle players are not signing up.

One suggestion I have (and this will by no means solve all problems) is, that after the sign-up phase, there is another phase in which the players have to confirm the sign-up. All players who do not confirm, won't play.

As I said in an earlier post, I would like to admin another season, but we have to fix the current problems first and with EQL on the horizont, I guess it will take some time till season 3 kicks of, if it will at all.
2009-09-06, 21:56
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Make sign-ups phase shorter, if you say you will kick players KICK THEM. You didn't do it soon enough so it looked like no one cares, not even admins, tourney is dead?, etc... BTW these doubts if season 3 should be made surprise me .. of course it should!

Grump: No one ever requested you to be one of the admins; what's the point of your complaints? players don't read rules? what a surprise... there are idiots even in QW scene? what a surprise again...; QW scene is in no way special, there are many nice people, but also many not-so-nice people, just like everywhere else.

The core of the admin job is to make sure that not-nice people don't spoil the efforts of the nice people. If you are unable to bear this responsibility, leave admining to someone else. You are great as the website coder and that job is big enough to keep you occupied.
2009-09-11, 18:14
173 posts

Jun 2008
JohnNy_cz: no point I suppose, just ranting really.

Shorter signups would be good - something like Friday to Friday to signup, Saturday and Sunday to seed and start on Monday. Obviously that would require quite a few admins available at the weekend (and a site that will make it easy to sort players).

But... if n|x is the only admin, he will need help ;-)
2009-09-12, 11:27
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
Are you considering running this while ownage is on? Or when is this planned for?
2010-01-16, 13:49
9 posts

Dec 2009
How can i determine my div if i hadn`t played in any seasons?
#qw.ru
2010-01-16, 14:12
251 posts

Jul 2007
Tempo wrote:
How can i determine my div if i hadn`t played in any seasons?

Just play some duels and see who you can beat and who not, tell that the admins and they can pick the proper div for you.

Edit: Just realized that this is a semi-dead topic. You can still find you div that way though. :p
2010-01-16, 14:28
9 posts

Dec 2009
Hmm...i have already played a number of duels with different players,so i should report this results to someone?
#qw.ru
2010-01-16, 14:50
357 posts

Nov 2008
No, but if you play close games against div3 players, if div 2 and div1 always beats you and if you always beat div4 players, you're probably div3
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2010-01-16, 17:11
386 posts

Apr 2006
Tempo, this topic is from last year and there has been no news of this league at all. You don't have to report anything to anyone.
2010-01-16, 20:15
9 posts

Dec 2009
time! wrote:
No, but if you play close games against div3 players, if div 2 and div1 always beats you and if you always beat div4 players, you're probably div3

Ok thanks
#qw.ru
2011-08-01, 18:32
253 posts

Nov 2007
any chance for season 3?
cheat 2 win!
2011-12-12, 10:38
News Writer
912 posts

Jan 2006
Website is dead?