User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2006-03-23, 11:52
36 posts

Jan 2006
Hi.
I need some experts help.

Mine mx518 stucks all the time, mostly when playing quake (also in windows sometimes) I bought this mouse ~1,5 years ago and it worked well firts 7months, but then this annoying problem apeared. Mouse just suddenly stucks, sometimes it starts working after 3-5 secs, sometimes it doesnt. If the mouse doesnt start working i have to plugg it off and on again, but sometimes even that doesnt help, windows just say something like: "cant recognize usb-device" (when this happens i have to boot comp to make my loved mouse to work)
This problem doesnt show up everyday, sometimes i can play weeks without it, but when this stucking shows up it stucks like 10 times per day.

I have tried all usbrates (no help)
I have tried with and without drivers(all versions) (no help)

currently im using 500hz rate and I did notice one interesting thing every time when mouse stucks last rate before stucking is 1300-1500 hz (its like 1KHz more than avarage rate...weird....)

anyone got any solutions???plz help me?? this mouse ruins all my quad runs

hmm, could it be some problem with usb ports or?.... all other usb devises are working ok.

there is no light in the mouse when it stucks.. and also I have noticed that windows makes this "blingblong" sound after the stucking when mouse starts to work (this is when i dont have to plugg it off.) same sound as when win recognizes new usb device..

my system:
Amd Athlon XP 3200+
512 ddr
and shity nvidia geforce fx 5500
just crapy HP comp
windows is homexp

skitmus.
paskahiiri.
oooOO
2006-03-23, 12:02
139 posts

Jan 2006
it seems the cable is "broken" then.. i heard ppl talkin on irc about that issue,
somewhere the metal cable inside the isolation is broken and loses contact depending
on moving the mouse and so the cable..

test around by maybe just moving the cable and holdeng the mouse..

i cant remember what model specific, but i think on logitech mices its easy to xchange teh cable (since its just plugged in inside the mouse on most models)..

but maybe u should google around a bit.. u still have a valid warranty on it?
http://www.egozelle.com/stuff/qw_sig.jpg
2006-03-23, 12:07
36 posts

Jan 2006
yep seems like its the cable. NOW I CAN PLAY QUAKE yeeh!
oooOO
2006-07-07, 10:39
810 posts

Jan 1970
nylon wrote:
it seems the cable is "broken" then.. i heard ppl talkin on irc about that issue,
somewhere the metal cable inside the isolation is broken and loses contact depending

i cant remember what model specific, but i think on logitech mices its easy to xchange teh cable (since its just plugged in inside the mouse on most models)..

WHICH CABLE i cant find it where i got same problem:'(
2006-07-07, 13:06
485 posts

Feb 2006
I don't have this mouse, but... There seems to be no strain relief boot where the cable goes inside the mouse. The cable can bend too sharply and eventually break. I would tape it or something, before it breaks. If its broken already, you might find a replacement cable in an older mouse (187 did).
2006-07-07, 14:28
139 posts

Jan 2006
Rainer wrote:
nylon wrote:

WHICH CABLE i cant find it where i got same problem:'(

the mouse cord/wire/cable..
did u checkif the red light goes on and off?
http://www.egozelle.com/stuff/qw_sig.jpg
  6 posts on 1 page  1