User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2006-03-23, 11:32
22 posts

Mar 2006
how do you set a door so it closes when a monster teleports in and open when it's dead?

i've set a monster to teleport in when you get a weapon proberly will change that later to some trigger, so when the monster dies it opens up a seacret door where the exit is, but now i want to block some doorways when the monster enters

i got the door to close when i had the target set to the door but it opend almost right away after so i set the target from the monster instead but they didn't close when it came in nor open when it died, please help me i've seen some similair stuff on other maps but i can't get it to work
2006-03-23, 13:17
22 posts

Mar 2006
got it fixed with some help, this was my biggest config yet and to use a entetie i never knew of
well if someone sees this maybe it can be some help
2 doors 1 monster 1 info_teleport_destiantion 1 trigger_teleport 1 trigger_once 2 trigger_relay

1. trigger_once target trigger_teleport and 1 door + set options in door to toggle and start open, this way it starts open and triggers to close and open when triggered
2. trigger_teleport target info_teleport_destiantion
3. monster target the 2 relays
4. trigger_relay target the 2 doors with different names like door1 and door2
this should open the doors when the monster is killed

the second door is more of a door_secret and is set to not open when the first door is triggered
2006-03-23, 14:25
231 posts

Jan 2006
eheh just saw now the post the hard in mapping is real the start than is easy... :\ my first month was nightmare... my head almost crash!
  3 posts on 1 page  1