User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Rookies' Corner
2009-07-15, 21:05
6 posts

Jul 2009
hi, I notice that in CPM, you can hold down shaft and then switch to RL and it'll immediately switch without you having to let go of fire.

I also remember that I remember playing on some QW servers and this used to be possible. but now I can't do it, any ideas?

also, you can be in the middle of firing any weapon and switch to any other weapon and it works fine, just not shaft -> any other weapon.
2009-07-16, 00:37
1329 posts

Apr 2006
In QW you have to release the weapon you are firing before changing to another weapon, otherwise it will keep on firing using standard weapon scripts.
Servers: Troopers
2009-07-16, 01:47
793 posts

Feb 2006
no you can actually type +attack in console and then cycle through weapons using impulse 2, 3, 4... only weapon that doesn't allow this is lg.
emery, you can't switch away from lg because there is no pause in between shots as with every other weapon. not sure how to change that but pretty sure that's the reason.

edit: try using a weaponscript that has a "-attack" at the beginning.
2009-07-16, 06:22
364 posts

Oct 2006
Indeed this is a bug which only affects LG. In fact there is a fix in KTX, just not enabled by default. You have to use "setinfo wswfix 1".
2009-07-16, 07:00
6 posts

Jul 2009
Tonik wrote:
Indeed this is a bug which only affects LG. In fact there is a fix in KTX, just not enabled by default. You have to use "setinfo wswfix 1".

this doesn't work for me

I knew I wasn't crazy though, I remember being able to do it on some servers.
2009-07-16, 08:49
252 posts

Dec 2006
emery wrote:
Tonik wrote:
...You have to use "setinfo wswfix 1".

this doesn't work for me.

Works for me. Is there a serverside toggle too?
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-07-16, 08:52
1329 posts

Apr 2006
This is all there is to it it seems. I'm not digging around ezQuake SVN to see if there's anything related. In any case, this "feature" requires KTX 1.35 version at least.

EDIT: If this is indeed a clientside bug (like the comments say in KTX src), then time to fix it clientside, or at least make a proper variable for it (in case such does not exist).

EDIT2: It seems to work for me too.
2009-07-16, 10:55
364 posts

Oct 2006
It's a serverside bug and it's time to fix it by default without requiring users to type obscure commands.

We discussed with Johnny_cz and could find no advantage to keeping the bug. Maybe leave "setinfo wswfix 0" as a possibility for the people who will inevitably show up and cry you've ruined their game.
2009-07-16, 11:07
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Tonik wrote:
Maybe leave "setinfo wswfix 0" as a possibility for the people who will inevitably show up and cry you've ruined their game.

My thoughts exactly. Hidden/silent change? No vote? Changes gameplay? Fucking developers? This is probably why it is defaulted off in the first place.
  9 posts on 1 page  1