User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2009-05-04, 14:25
5 posts

May 2006
Hi, we've just enable qtv in a brazillian server with /qtv_streamport 27500 (same port as the server, maybe this is causing the issue, dunno), and the issue is, messagens arent enable, neither /say or /say_game (or any qtv command like cmd lastscores, cmd users, etc)..

Some useful info about the server:

Rule Value
*gamedir ktx
*version MVDSV 0.28
*z_ext 235
ktxbuild 722
ktxver 1.34

The server is q1.jogos.uol.com.br:27500 and qtv in the same port, also there's another port 27502 with qtv in the same port too.

There's any lack of qtv configuration or variables to enable /say? Or the problem may be that both qtv and server is in the same port?

Also i've found another problem, when someone joins QTV who is playing get the message: SMILE YOU'RE ON QTV.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers
2009-05-04, 15:15
1435 posts

Jan 2006
You aren't really running any QTV, are you? From your description it seems you only opened a streamport in MVDSV. That is not what's called QTV.
2009-05-04, 21:22
5 posts

May 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
You aren't really running any QTV, are you? From your description it seems you only opened a streamport in MVDSV. That is not what's called QTV.

Well, its really a streamport from MVDSV, i thought it was a built-in QTV. MVDSV streamport doesnt have those options like say or say_game?

And maybe there's a bug like i said before, if you are playing and someone enters in the streamport (not qtv) you see the message SMILE, YOU ARE ON QTV even while in-game.

Thanks for helping
2009-05-04, 21:48
1435 posts

Jan 2006
You're doing it all wrong. Just install QTV.
2009-05-05, 09:08
1329 posts

Apr 2006
zip wrote:
Well, its really a streamport from MVDSV, i thought it was a built-in QTV.

Uhm, no? it is only a port for specifying TCP port for incoming connections.

zip wrote:
MVDSV streamport doesnt have those options like say or say_game?

Again, it's only an open TCP port that is specified by this particular command/variable.

zip wrote:
And maybe there's a bug like i said before, if you are playing and someone enters in the streamport (not qtv) you see the message SMILE, YOU ARE ON QTV even while in-game.

No, there is not. That message is information about MVD-stream starting (basically on QTV or client connection to QTV port), which is also supressed in the release version of MVDSV (confirmed, MVDSV r785, before 0.28 release).

Very good place to start searching information about QW is on my signature, click on the QTV link under "QW-DEV" and go to the wiki. The link Johnny gave also works pretty good.
Servers: Troopers
2009-05-06, 02:40
5 posts

May 2006
Renzo wrote:
zip wrote:
Well, its really a streamport from MVDSV, i thought it was a built-in QTV.

Uhm, no? it is only a port for specifying TCP port for incoming connections.

zip wrote:
MVDSV streamport doesnt have those options like say or say_game?

Again, it's only an open TCP port that is specified by this particular command/variable.

zip wrote:

No, there is not. That message is information about MVD-stream starting (basically on QTV or client connection to QTV port), which is also supressed in the release version of MVDSV (confirmed, MVDSV r785, before 0.28 release).

Very good place to start searching information about QW is on my signature, click on the QTV link under "QW-DEV" and go to the wiki. The link Johnny gave also works pretty good.

Ok thanks both,

But you guys have to agree with me, the name of the variable is not very good qtv_streamport.

Also the message 'SMILE, YOU ARE ON QTV' appears for the players in game not for those who enters in the streaming tcp port.

And i've read some of the documentation and wiki, but i didnt find nothing about the differences between qtv_streamport and the real qtv.

So here goes my suggestion: make qtv built-in the servers, since the most part of it is done (streaming) it should be easy to implement.

cheers
2009-05-06, 08:05
1435 posts

Jan 2006
It used to be called mvd_streamport, it was renamed to qtv_streamport because it makes more sense and is more intuitive - that's where the QTV will connect, so I find it quite correct name.

The message is mostly only for the admin to check that QTV has connected (and yeah it's kinda confusing message and was already removed, as Renzo mentioned). There is no need to print any message to the QTV clients, they know that they've just connected to QTV.

There is no need to describe the differences between opened port and real qtv, even tho the authors would be able to give you specific technical details. Connecting the client to that port is technically possible, but that's not the supported way so noone will document it to not create an impression that it's the way how it can be done too.

QTV is better separated from the servers for many reasons - much better maintability, much better administration, it can be run on other machine, there's a list of all servers, better monitoring, less CPU load on the MVDSV process, ... Even if I'm not a MVDSV developer I dare to say that your suggestion will be rejected on sight.
  7 posts on 1 page  1