User panel stuff on forum
  14 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2009-04-18, 21:29
1435 posts

Jan 2006
We all know duels in the standard maps, we know dmm4 in povdmm4 or endif, 4on4 in TB3 and so on. But there might be some "different" types of gameplay you can get in QuakeWorld. Write here what non-standard settings you like to play sometimes.

For example my favourites:
- dmm4, map dm2dmm4, noweapon lg, 1on1
- ktx instagib, map dmm4_8, both 1on1 and 2on2, both ssg and sg mode
- dmm4, map oldcrat, noweapon lg, 1on1
- coop trickmap zediit2t2, 2 players

Simply: map + settings + how many people .. just dmm4 can be boring on lots of maps, also instagib is more fun on some special maps; it's the good combination of more factors that creates funny "new game mode".

Share your experience and maybe some others will find your "new" game mode entertaining too after they try it.
2009-04-18, 22:16
News Writer
309 posts

Sep 2006
First and most of all - Clan Arena available at the KTX level, 3on3 mode with standard settings.
Why set a new server of CA? I'd rather have it implemented in the KTX
Your opinions ?
2009-04-18, 23:10
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Kapitan Kloze wrote:
First and most of all - Clan Arena available at the KTX level, 3on3 mode with standard settings.
Why set a new server of CA? I'd rather have it implemented in the KTX

Right.

Kapitan Kloze wrote:
Your opinions ?

Already implemented, noone seems to play it all though. Pretty much the same as with previous feature requests:

"I want ra"
"I want race"
"I want instagib"
"I want xxx yyy zzz"

My opinion? Seems like wasted effort to me, what's the point of having them when noone uses them?

EDIT: oh my bad, junior seems to be using instagib...
Servers: Troopers
2009-04-19, 06:50
132 posts

Mar 2006
Rezno: I want dmX maps gone forever! Implement it please (:
Mine do no spaek engrish!
2009-04-19, 07:56
1435 posts

Jan 2006
zz, stay on topic
2009-04-19, 08:20
133 posts

Sep 2007
I play instagib sometimes. I've also seen reppie do it once.
It really is funny to do sometimes, nothing serious ofcourse, but it's fun!
2009-04-19, 10:15
312 posts

Feb 2006
Is the old instagib mode implemented to ktx? 3 frags with DH and such, it was nice. I'm not interested enoguh to try it on a server, so I bring the question upon you.

"Pretty much the same as with previous feature requests: [...] My opinion? Seems like wasted effort to me, what's the point of having them when noone uses them?"

So basically you'll trash every request there is unless it's some shit you can turn on serverside by default? Also, no need from the makers to publicize the feature as it's every players duty to check ktx change log every once in a while
2009-04-19, 10:32
1329 posts

Apr 2006
mipa wrote:
So basically you'll trash every request there is unless it's some shit you can turn on serverside by default?

A failure in understanding what you read. Also a failure in guessing what I might think of any or a particular feature.

mipa wrote:
Also, no need from the makers to publicize the feature as it's every players duty to check ktx change log every once in a while

A failure in sarcasm.

It has been announced on this forum that the KTX now has the clan arena because it was requested. And yet noone has even tried it. Or if they did, they didn't give feedback like they were requested. Also there is news about CA at the KTX site, added by deurk 13 days ago.

And yeah, about duty... if you request a big feature, then be ready to use YOUR TIME for checking it when it becomes available. It's not that the developers know exactly what you might want from YOUR REQUESTED feature, so you should really be ready to put some effort to it by your own too.

mipa wrote:
I'm not interested enoguh to try it on a server, so I bring the question upon you.

Go read KTX wiki then, it has IG explained pretty well.
Servers: Troopers
2009-04-19, 14:29
116 posts

Mar 2008
Capture The Flag!

http://twctf.org
2009-04-19, 20:54
80 posts

Jan 2006
CTF all the way!
2009-04-20, 07:19
252 posts

Dec 2006
General settings for dmm4: /yawnmode (for faster spawns and accurate gl), allowed: gl,rl,lg , /spawn666time 0, /grenmode (grenades only explode if they contact player), /noitems

favourite dmm4 maps: pushdmm4, dmm4_1, under, aqua

endif with mid_air disabled, gl/rl, (and the aforementioned general dmm4 settings)

---
endif instagib would be good if you could disable respawn pent
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-04-22, 08:47
401 posts

Mar 2006
Spectator mode.
2009-04-22, 09:07
133 posts

Dec 2008
Tf
2009-04-22, 15:38
News Writer
646 posts

Mar 2006
i really started qw with clan arena... i played that exclusively for years and years.

now that i know the power of the dark side (dm) clan arena makes me want to punch myself in the face...but i still love to play it

clan arena is frustrating, because even if you know you are better than the opponents in dm skills, the ca players can still destroy you one thing ca players have developed more than dm in particular is fighting in water (dm3 water area) ... simply because not many water rl fights happen in dm at all (too risky to give up that pack)

good old povdmm4 is great to warm up, and see how strong the players are aiming in relation to each other

then its on to good old dmm3 ztndm3,dm6,dm2 :>

edit: ooh ya, of course there is also megatf and/or tf! (never touched ctf much...) i think my top 5 longest nonstop quake playing sessions were all in megatf (as heavyweap on 2fort5, bunnying faster than the scouts hehehe) but i havent played that in years
  14 posts on 1 page  1