User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2009-04-06, 19:26
1435 posts

Jan 2006
The ezQuake inbuilt help (the one accessible from the main menu, originally quakeworld for freshies by Apollyon) is very outdated. We are looking for volunteers to update it.

You need:
- notepad
- decent written english skillz
- knowledge of qw
You do not need:
- knowledge of programming or other technical stuff

You can find the files to edit together with the instructions here:
ezq-guide-files.zip

Or if you are good with SVN, checkout/export this url: https://ezquake.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ezquake/trunk/documentation/manual/
(doesn't contain instructions.txt and the dir structure needs a bit of customization before it works in IE, all that is solved in the zip above)

Currently assigned: no one
2009-04-07, 18:12
5 posts

May 2006
Why wont use svn to avoid duplicated stuff? Its simple enough so anyone can use it..
2009-04-17, 10:22
Administrator
384 posts

Dec 2006
I might be able to assist with this.

I've also noticed that the inline help (i.e. the description displayed when you type a cvar with no argument) is sometimes inaccurate, outdated, missing, or has typos/grammatical errors. Personally I think that stuff can be really helpful (even for experienced players) in terms of understanding what a variable/command does without having to trawl through documentation or websites.

Anyway, that's something I'd be interested in working on - can a package be provided for it? Obviously, there'll likely be cases where I don't fully understand a variable (especially newer ones) so some developer input might be necessary on occasion.
2009-04-17, 12:11
1435 posts

Jan 2006
zip: only for those who would prefer long-term cooperation, giving out too much short-term svn accounts is too much work for both (non-developers don't know how to work with svn)
HangTime: sure, msg me on IRC

BTW there are now up to 3 people working on updating the guide, should be enough I think; I haven't received any results yet though
2009-09-08, 12:04
1435 posts

Jan 2006
This kind of wanished into thin air. Only HangTime was so nice and helped with what he promised, the others remained silent. I don't remember who I've talked to and I don't keep IRC logs.

So if anyone reading this have any updates ready, it is the right time to publish them or send them to us. ezQuake 2.0 will be released in a few weeks (beta is already out).
2009-09-16, 09:58
1435 posts

Jan 2006
It's time to say that this project has failed, mostly due to my bad "management", because I lost contact with the people involved. But I won't give up.

So, again, I am looking for someone who is interested in fixing this stuff. Original post updated.
2009-09-16, 15:36
News Writer
169 posts

Dec 2007
I currently do not have the time, but if you are still in need of help by the start of November then contact me and I will start working on it.
  7 posts on 1 page  1