User panel stuff on forum
  12 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2009-03-16, 12:11
230 posts

Jan 2006
The members of the QW community today are concentrated around some specific parts of the world but what about these white spots, or more like white areas, that it has?
What about Japan, China and the rest of Asia did they ever play QW or Quake1 at all?
Does anyone have any answers or thoughts about this?

Looked at the servers over at quakeservers.net and there seems to be one TF server still running in Japan! But that doesn’t mean that there are any players left though :|
2009-03-16, 13:41
398 posts

Feb 2006
if I remember correctly there has always been some servers in Japan, and also a few japanese players, but that's all I know.. yesterday I found an icelandic player on eq, so there should definately be more players from mroe exotic countries
2009-03-16, 13:41
398 posts

Feb 2006
also saw some games being played on a romanian server \o/
2009-03-16, 14:02
705 posts

Feb 2006
Time to get some new laws in china, 1 child per family, 1 Quake installation.
2009-03-16, 14:09
793 posts

Feb 2006
last year there was a singapore server. i can't find it on quakservers anymore, guess it went down.
2009-04-04, 09:16
252 posts

Dec 2006
ruskie wrote:
Time to get some new laws in china, 1 child per family, 1 Quake installation.

Hahahah yeh, qw needs dictators. Indoctrinate chinese and indian children about how qw is the best
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-04-04, 09:40
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
around 1 year ago I talked to the japanese players at their server, and back then the server was normal ktx.
They choose to play FFA on it with three players, I entered the server and the talks started.
What surprised me the most was that one of the players where pretty decent in his gaming + english
The same person knew everything about qw.nu and the leagues that we run.
That was the furthest I came with them!
2009-04-04, 17:07
251 posts

Jul 2007
sassa wrote:
What surprised me the most was that one of the players where pretty decent in his gaming + english
The same person knew everything about qw.nu and the leagues that we run.

Maybe an exchange student.
2009-04-04, 18:56
1100 posts

Jan 2006
A while ago I had an influx of visitors of asian Quakers on my site, I forgot the link though, it was some big generic forum with a Quake thread.
2009-04-29, 10:04
2 posts

Jan 2008
clawunf wrote:
there is a japanese server and its running some TF mod.. I have no clue who runs it. I been trying to get information on where we can find QW japanese players.. I was in a japanese network and there is a guy from japan who had followed QW scene up until a few months ago named Dai... I added him on my msn but i havent seen him.

Also there is a small chilean community i been trying to get for the fusion ca league.

I played Dai once, found him in #uscpmpickup on qnet, he wasn't bad, but I probably would've given him a better game with a proper config (spent the first minute trying to find a proper volume value lol), not that I'm a very awesome player. He was very nice to talk to, and had very good english for someone who's japanese.
He usually plays with he US dudes in cpm with around 180ping heh.

He's kinda.. gone now tho, haven't seen him around for months :/ I have no one to play! >.<

If anyone happens to be in asia or some shit, and wants to do some duels drop me a mail (or msn), apoxic@hotmail.com (I'm swedish btw).
2009-04-29, 16:59
1329 posts

Apr 2006
apoxic wrote:
If anyone happens to be in asia or some shit, and wants to do some duels drop me a mail (or msn), apoxic@hotmail.com (I'm swedish btw).

Charisma man~desu Scenic (@Qnet, #koff, Scenic) is actually having baka gaijin -status in Japan right now. You might want to contact him about some games but I'm not so sure he has too good computer for QW, some laptop perhaps.
Servers: Troopers
2009-04-30, 14:34
2 posts

Jan 2008
Renzo wrote:
apoxic wrote:

Charisma man~desu Scenic (@Qnet, #koff, Scenic) is actually having baka gaijin -status in Japan right now. You might want to contact him about some games but I'm not so sure he has too good computer for QW, some laptop perhaps.

Cheers I'm playing on a crappy laptop myself, and I really haven't done that many QW duels in my days so it should be fine lol.
  12 posts on 1 page  1