User panel stuff on forum
  16 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2009-03-11, 23:17
18 posts

Sep 2008
Hi, after 10 Years of Halflife (good saves the quake1 engine) i present you a improved version of HLDM! Me and my friend Julien started this project some weeks ago. our aim is it to create a whole new gameplay experience. as an example we always saw the quake series, specific quakeworld (one of our favourite games!). you will see many of youre old and favourite maps. iam going to convert many of them and fit them to hldm-pro.

HLDM Pro : Final movement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XplA6TSEums

HLDM Pro: Trick Jumps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-6A1yp_CDU&feature=related

i hope to see some of you quakers .
2009-03-11, 23:46
252 posts

Dec 2006
Another Addition to the list of games that try to emulate QW physics: q3cpma, warsow, painkiller. I think I speak for most of QW when I say these games are inelegant hacks that don't improve on QW at all. Good luck with your project however.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2009-03-12, 00:39
18 posts

Sep 2008
sry to say that. but halflife has same physic as quake1. its the same engine! there isnt a emulate. there was still bh in old halflife deatmatch, valve disabled it! it was possible to play with bh in counterstrike too .
2009-03-12, 00:41
1329 posts

Apr 2006
srbo wrote:
sry to say that. but halflife has same physic as quake1. its the same engine! there isnt a emulate. there was still bh in old halflife deatmatch, valve disabled it! it was possible to play with bh in counterstrike too .

You realize that QW physics are not the same as Q1 physics, right?
Servers: Troopers
2009-03-12, 00:45
18 posts

Sep 2008
Nope, i always though qw has same physics as in quake 1. whats exactly the difference?
2009-03-12, 02:06
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
QuakeWorld physics are better.

2009-03-12, 06:58
950 posts

Apr 2006
Just try for yourself to bh in q1, takes a whole different set of skills.
2009-03-12, 11:48
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
It's nice to see people embracing some of the sweet spots of Quakeworld. What i don't understand however, is why people would want to play a stripped down version of the best game ever? I mean, it's not just about the physics and gameplay anymore, but rather the whole infrastructure with QTV, stats.qw.nu, tweakability, scripting, tournaments and what not. I'm sure i missed a ton of stuff, but those examples are enough to prove a point.

This doesn't just apply to your mod, but to any similar implementation.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-03-12, 12:07
231 posts

Jan 2006
Ake Vader wrote:
It's nice to see people embracing some of the sweet spots of Quakeworld. What i don't understand however, is why people would want to play a stripped down version of the best game ever? I mean, it's not just about the physics and gameplay anymore, but rather the whole infrastructure with QTV, stats.qw.nu, tweakability, scripting, tournaments and what not. I'm sure i missed a ton of stuff, but those examples are enough to prove a point.

word
2009-03-12, 12:13
793 posts

Feb 2006
politely put Ake Vader. i think i'll just agree with you instead of ranting

(please go back and make a similar post in that hideous 'let's remake qw on quake 4 engine lolol' thread from a while ago)
2009-03-12, 14:53
18 posts

Sep 2008
deurk wrote:

What u talking? whats the differnce? there isnt anymore BH in Halflife! Valve disabled it in 2000! thats why there is a mod called adrenaline gamer mod, that renabled again the bh function. when hl comes out in 1998 it has similiar when not the same pyhsics as quake1, because its based on quake1 engine!

you dont know anything about the real hldm! the real and old hldm is more movement based then quake 1 or quakeworld!
2009-03-12, 14:56
18 posts

Sep 2008
Ake Vader wrote:

whats spots? you talking shit. did you ever tryto play halflife from 1998? we are just going a way farer and smooth the engine thats all. we are not taking the gameplay and physics of QW. hldm has it own gameplay, but same physics and same engine as quake1. is it so hard to understand? or community is more then 10 years old. we are not cs players. hldm is not CS!
2009-03-12, 15:45
1329 posts

Apr 2006
srbo wrote:
deurk wrote:

What u talking? whats the differnce? there isnt anymore BH in Halflife!

He was referring to QW vs Q1 physics.
Servers: Troopers
2009-03-12, 16:06
705 posts

Feb 2006
bikeshead discussion :/
2009-03-12, 17:26
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
srbo wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:

whats spots? you talking shit. did you ever tryto play halflife from 1998? we are just going a way farer and smooth the engine thats all. we are not taking the gameplay and physics of QW. hldm has it own gameplay, but same physics and same engine as quake1. is it so hard to understand? or community is more then 10 years old. we are not cs players. hldm is not CS!

No, i have never played HLDM and probably never will either. I wish you good luck in developing and promoting your project nevertheless!
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-03-12, 19:39
303 posts

Jun 2007
I'll try this mod for sure. Always liked HL DM (proper HL DM! Not DM Classic joke), and i still have steam account with HL anthology. It's actually funny, that people are working on such thing at point where HL DM is nearly dead. But maybe it'll help to bring new life in to old game. HL is one of few non-Quake games with auctually fun, fast paced dm gameplay, but it never get attention it deserves. Maybe because of learning curve - bunny and gauss movement are incredibly hard to master compared to Quake games bunny/strafe jumps and rocketjumps.

Good luck with this project!
  16 posts on 1 page  1