User panel stuff on forum
  34 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Help
2009-03-07, 19:51
10 posts

May 2006
178 drivers fixed it ... 150 solid with all those settings on.

i thought new drivers brought along incremental improvements
2009-03-11, 09:35
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
I just wanted to say my HIS Radeon HD4850 card must be the best card I've had for QuakeWorld so far. It's smooth like a baby's bottom and no "tab bugs" are here.
2009-06-22, 07:15
121 posts

May 2006
empezar wrote:
I just wanted to say my HIS Radeon HD4850 card must be the best card I've had for QuakeWorld so far. It's smooth like a baby's bottom and no "tab bugs" are here.

wich cl_maxfps are you using? ... no matter what resolution i run my HD4850 (Sapphire) i always get fps drops from times to times wich didn't occour at all with my old Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT xXx.. i used to have steady 770fps .. now i've just lowered my cl_maxfps to 300
. - - -- Words are stones in my Mouth.. -- - - . [url=http://profile.xfire.com/katataniel][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/katataniel
2009-11-25, 15:54
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
I've bumped this thread because as time goes by and more programs are installed in your computer, qw suffers with some kind of lag.

I've always solved this issue with a brand new windows installation. This time, and because i have some programs i dont want to uninstall, i've decided to install a brand new windows xp, on the same drive of the "old" one. This way, i have 2 windows - one JUST for qw, the other for normal stuff.

You can argue that that's unconfortable, but this is the best way to keep your qw smooth for the next months/years.
Here's what i did, all required step:
- install windows and install hardware drivers
- install powerstrip or other custom timing application (or just use nvidia drivers tweaking capabilities) - crt screens only
- install 500/1000hz mouse
- play
DONE.
don't install anything more.

ofc, if you have your qw all tweaked with 300mb of textures, it may be a good idea to start over from a fresh qw install.

if you did all these steps and you own a crt screen and still qw doesnt run smooth, then its a bad sign. check previous posts on this thread.

NOTE: a reminder that hdd GHOST programs do exist. in a nutshell, you "clone" your hdd to a file. very useful if you reformat often, of a new windows install, with office and antivirus, for instance (as well as other tools you may find indispensable), you can create a disk image for later use and quick reinstallation/reformat of your hdd (20 minutes of restoring VS hours of program installs)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
  34 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page