2009-02-10, 08:59
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
So how did this go?
2009-02-10, 09:19
253 posts

Nov 2007
very well imo, unfortunatelly i missed the beginning of it but we played some strict 4on4 matches and didn't waste time to wait players when we didn't have 8. In those cases we just switched to 3on3 (i have to note here that QW-stats doesn't add those game times into our time pool! ). and when as we finished there were always some spec whos could jump in to continue matches with 4on4
I hope that this will be more common in tthe future, not just one day on a week.
cheat 2 win!
2009-02-10, 09:27
188 posts

May 2007
It went pretty good. We played 4 maps in 2 hours (DM2, DM3, E1M2, DM2). I think the biggest frag margin was 20 on one map. The endscore on E1M2 was 134 to 136 or something. I cant remember playing 3on3. =)

So anyway, it will happen next week same time again. If it works as well as today we can try to get a second date.

Some last notes:

Everybody should get instantly ready after there are 8 players on the server. We could have fit in another game if everbody readied up faster.

I have all 4 demos and will try to upload them on challenge-tv today. (already tried yesterday, but had a bug)

And a last question. Did you guys liked, that we mixed after each map or would u prefer to play in solid teams?
2009-02-10, 09:31
253 posts

Nov 2007
of course u dont remember, since u left too early... we played more hours after u left
The most of us have a team so I prefer mixes in these nights.
cheat 2 win!
2009-02-10, 09:37
386 posts

Apr 2006
With people constantly jumping in and out, I think the mixing was necessary to keep the teams even (and boy did that ever work well), and swapping around with people allows different players to benefit from others experience (assuming they're willing to share it). You don't really get solid teamplay developing in a mixteam that lasts for a couple of hours anyway.
2009-02-10, 09:46
188 posts

May 2007
Ahh nice, you played longer. After 22:30 everybody dropped so I left too.
2009-02-10, 10:51
News Writer
254 posts

Mar 2006
Nickname: pleuraXeraphim
IRC Name: pleuraXeraphim
Clan: Mob of Oddballs
IRC channels: #mofo, #nafianna

Experience: I've played in a couple of EQLs.

Availabilty: A few nights a week from 20:00 CET
I ain't got no time for this jibber jabber fool
2009-02-10, 15:19
230 posts

Jan 2006
Would be good to have two servers/games next time, if it's enough people that is.
Even if it's only 3vs3 or 2vs2 it's better then spectating cause that sucks -> I just want to play.

Unfortunately putting time in spectating a game doesn't mean you get to play next time someone drops
2009-02-10, 16:58
188 posts

May 2007
If you can get enough people and another server, then sure. Problem will be that people from all over europe are participating and wargamez are really difficult to get around this time (we had to ask someone to leave)
2009-02-10, 17:02
793 posts

Feb 2006
i enjoyed it a lot, especially the first dm2.

let's make it clear that this is a rookie practice. real noobs should be given the preference to players that already have a clan for 4on4.

i agree that we should sort out at least one more server/ port for next pracc. i was thinking about one of the clanwars.xs4all.nl servers as there were some uk players there last time that had bad ping to wargamez.
hopefully some more people can post their server preferences so we can get it all sorted out in time.
2009-02-11, 11:47
174 posts

Nov 2006
If I were you I would suggest that you make a different channel for this rookiemixed thing. Then just KICKBAN all who aren't rookies from there and you could set topics and gather more easily players to specific empty servers. Then it would be lots easier to get rookieonly mixeds and you could actually be able to play on some other server that is empty if the wargamez are full.
2009-02-11, 12:26
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
omg, all those channels? :/
2009-02-11, 16:48
188 posts

May 2007
As I already said earlier, I am against a channel. I mean what is there to organize. Someone will make a .spam about mix will start in 5 mins on which server. The first 8 on the server can play. Those who are too late must either specc and wait till the map is played and play then (after each round players were offering their spot last monday, so as long as everybody stays nice, I think nobody will be left out) or you ask in #qwrookie if there are another 7 players or make another .spam. With a new channel the same will happen as to #qwrookie, you will have a lot of people idling and not playing. People will join channel and play sometimes and sometimes not. Without a channel players wont get "lazy". We have a set date for the rookie pracc. People know when to show up. If the demand rises we can use another server/port and even set an additional date.

Nobody is the admin of this thing. So if somebody wants to open a channel, he can do it. But I am sure a channel will be counterproductive.
2009-02-15, 21:34
793 posts

Feb 2006
just another bump to remind everyone of another 4on4 pracc, tomorrow monday at 20.30 cet. the practice will commence at quake.wargamez.dk again but let's try to get one more going at either another available wargamez port or at clanwars.xs4all.nl. if you're unsure what server to join you can use www.quakeworld.tv to see which team needs another player.
#qwrookie on irc for discussion.
let's go...
2009-02-16, 10:18
253 posts

Nov 2007
Jon Snow wrote:
Ake Vader wrote:
A rookie could upload his own demo or point out some other demo on Challenge-TV and ask people to post thoughts about a specific player's behaviour in a game, kinda like demo reviews. I don't think it has to be any more complicated than that.

I would be gladly the first objective of this kind of analysis

so maybe this time some of the qw gods would take a look at us?
cheat 2 win!
2009-02-17, 10:50
253 posts

Nov 2007
Great matches again. I will upload the demos to chtv at the evening. could some pro take a look at them and give us advices as Ake vader mentioned above?
cheat 2 win!
2009-02-17, 11:59
229 posts

Aug 2007
Cool that people are playing but isn't this just organized rookie mix 4on4?
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2009-02-17, 14:02
253 posts

Nov 2007
yes it is. but yesterday we had a little bit less people than on the last week so we had need some (better) standin. 2 skilled and 6 rookie players is still fair line up to call as rookie mix, i think
cheat 2 win!
2009-02-17, 14:31
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
shaga wrote:
Cool that people are playing but isn't this just organized rookie mix 4on4?

When reading Jon Snow's reply above i think he misunderstood your post. The point of having organized rookie mix 4on4 is that people won't waste time on spending numerous hours on getting equal players to play with.

Idling on servers waiting for opponents is something we all could do without.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-02-17, 14:39
229 posts

Aug 2007
Ok, now I got the point and he did misunderstood.

I was just thinking if it helps at all for a higher skilled 4on4 player to check through some mixed games as most of the pointers would involve how one could improve teamplay, which isn't that high with mixed teams.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2009-02-17, 19:45
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
shaga wrote:
Ok, now I got the point and he did misunderstood.

I was just thinking if it helps at all for a higher skilled 4on4 player to check through some mixed games as most of the pointers would involve how one could improve teamplay, which isn't that high with mixed teams.

Well on this level it's most often about basic individual mistakes that no teamplay in the world would help prevent. I think it's those things that have to come first. Rather than actual teamplay, it's probably more on a level of "do's and don'ts in QW 4on4".

Do: press +left +back in every start of dm3 to get pent
Don't: mindlessly jump into water on dm3 if you have rl
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2009-02-23, 18:16
793 posts

Feb 2006
in a bit more than 1 hour we're starting another pracc!
if you consider yourself a rookie simply connect to the server directly and feel free to join #qwrookie for additional discussion/ any questions.

once again practice will start on a free port of quake.wargamez.dk or clanwars.xs4all.nl
if we have enough players, let's try to get more than one 4on4 game going this time.

check the list at www.quakeworld.tv if you're unsure which server to join. game starts at around 20.30 cet
2009-03-02, 19:44
793 posts

Feb 2006
sorry can't play today
  54 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page