User panel stuff on forum
Index  ‹  Off Topic  ‹  DLS suckz0r
  2 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2009-01-11, 23:43
357 posts

Nov 2008
Im spanish and i just changed my isp because my ping was horrible, now i have same ping or worse (lower ping today matched in a qw server = 120ms). I called my isp for ask why this crap ping, and they say me: "telefonica" (MyISP) and almost all spain isp are using a transparent proxy for make the ping higher, -Me: why?? -ISP: Because we can offer higest bandwith and lower atenuation of signal -Me: LOL but i want the f*** best ping, i dont care about about bandwith -ISP: there is some software for evade this proxy but we have no more information about...

I googled a lot and all forums here are saying that the proxy was in 2003 (dunno if is the same who still working) and i only found software for evade this proxy in port 80

So if anyone have an idea...or anyone want to burn the main office of this idiots... This n00b problem of increase the ISP ping is only in spain, all rest of europe are LPBs

As you all know play now with more than 120 ping is annoying, specially when i play since like 2 months :/
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
2009-01-12, 02:24
252 posts

Dec 2006
That sucks! You could try use qizmo, if I recall correctly, theres a way you can use TCP for everything instead of TCP & UDP, and also specify port 80 for example. But you'll be limited to servers that you can connect through remote qizmo with low latency. To unlock all the features of qizmo put this in your config: alias qizmo_register "cmd regcode hmgnndolcmpamlon" , and connect to 127.1 after running qizmo.exe and /qizmo_register.

Heres a little script I made ages ago to make connecting to qizmo (and enabling packet compression) as automatic as possible:
alias qizmo_register "cmd regcode hmgnndolcmpamlon"
alias iqizmo2 "iqizmoenter; csipgnqizmo; alias f_spawn iqizmo3"
alias iqizmo3 "alias iqizmo iqizmoenter; numpad-servermenu; unalias f_respawn"
alias iqizmoenter "ezcomp2;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
alias ezcomp2 "say .packc2s 1 1;say ,pack s2c 1 1 0"
alias csipgnqizmo "say ,connect 210.50.4.11:27505"
alias csipgntdm "say ,connect 210.50.4.11:27504"
alias csipgnduel1 "say ,connect 210.50.4.11:27503"
alias csipgnduel2 "say ,connect 210.50.4.11:27501"
alias csipgndm "say ,connect 210.50.4.11"
alias numpad-servermenu "bind kp_1 csipgnduel1; bind kp_2 csipgnduel2; bind kp_3 csipgntdm; bind kp_4 csipgndm; bind kp_5 csipgnqizmo; echo $1.ipgn1on1#1 $2.ipgn1on1#2 $3.ipgntdm $4.ipgndm $5.ipgnqizmo"
connect 127.1; alias f_spawn "alias iqizmo iqizmo2"
cl_useproxy 1

Change csipgnqizmo to your preferred qizmo, and if you're using an old client you'll need to use the cs* aliases to connect to a server after connecting to qizmo, otherwise you can just use cl_useproxy 1 and then use the ezquake server browser.

To use it run qizmo.exe, then quake and in console type /exec iqizmo then
wait for it to connect, then /iqizmo ,then wait, then /iqizmo again, then /cs* alias or connect through server browser.

(and copy the code into iqizmo.cfg and put it in id1 or qw)
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
  2 posts on 1 page  1