User panel stuff on forum
  2 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2009-01-06, 00:05
5 posts

Jan 2009
How can I get Quake Rally working with nQuake? I placed all the Quake Rally files in the nQuake folder. But when I try to start it up it says it can't find quake.exe but when I placed quake.exe it asked for another file.

I bought Quake from steam, and that's where I extracted the Quake Rally files first, and for some reason it doesn't work with GLquake because it gives an error that it can't locate steam, but this seems to be a problem that has to do with steam and is not in our powers to fix.

But when I choose WinQuake from the Quake Rally config menu, it just starts WinQuake, but it seems to be just WinQuake and not Quake Rally?

What am I doing wrong?

And here are my system specs:

Operating system: Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 160 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/Hyrule_boy/Blackroses.gif
2009-01-07, 12:00
347 posts

Feb 2006
Quake Rally is not a Quakeworld mod if I recall correctly, but a mod for regular quake, often shortened to NQ or Netquake. I can't remember if ezQuake has some built-in support for NQ mods, so your best bet might be to just download one of the many excellent NQ clients, like Darkplaces. It has even better graphics than ezQuake, but can be a bit heavy on your computer - you are warned.
  2 posts on 1 page  1