User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2008-09-18, 17:23
6 posts

Mar 2006
Hey all,

I did some checking around the forums to see if anyone was experiencing something along the same lines that I am, but couldn't find anything specific.

Basically, I'm re-installing ezQuake 1.9b on my Mac for the first time in ages, and I'm running into an issue where the sensitivity for the mouse is extremely low. Putting it up to 20 (max) makes it somewhat usable, but then there is an issue where if I try to quickly pull a 180, I only turn perhaps five degrees to either the left or the right, and then I'm back to center again. If I try to turn slowly, it'll work, but a quick turn, no dice; the view is as if I am shaking my head "no". The "in_mouse" option apparently is not available for the Mac version. Naturally, quick turns are a necessity in this game, so it'd be nice to have this ability. ;-)

Has anyone experienced this same issue, or am I speaking gibberish...?

Thanks!

-D.
2008-09-19, 02:52
202 posts

Dec 2006
All i can suggest is downloading USB Overdrive, which gives you a system preferences pane with a heap of mouse options for accel, button mapping and dpi settings. See if that helps at all
2008-09-19, 18:16
6 posts

Mar 2006
*sigh* - How embarrassing.

Turns out, it's my mouse. Used to work great before, now it stutters in ezQuake, and even the Quake port from Fruitz-of-Dojo. Perhaps something has changed since OS X 10.5.3 as that was the last time I had Quake installed, and I've been using this Logitech M-BD58 mouse for years. Quite odd. Relying on a Dell mouse for gaming just seems wrong, but it's all I got here at the office. ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the assistance.

-D.
  3 posts on 1 page  1