User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2008-09-10, 22:57
18 posts

Sep 2008
Hi, i want to convert some good Quakeworld Maps into Halflife, but i dunno how. I try to convert the quake .bsp's with the tool "bsptwomap", but it dont work. It says: Error: Bsp is version 29, not 30. So i cant edit the etinities in the maps . Please help me.

srbo
2008-09-10, 23:20
202 posts

Dec 2006
Here is a useful utility called QVER (Shub Hub mirror), which can change the BSP version number. I've uploaded a copy because it was difficult to track down when i needed to find it a while back.

Quote:
QVER BSP Version Converter 1.0 by Tom Grandgent (Woofer) 7/27/96

Syntax: QVER blah[.bsp] [version]

Possible values for version:

shareware
sw
registered
reg
[any valid version number from 1 to 255]

Version 28 is shareware, 29 is registered.

If the version number is omitted, the version of the BSP will be displayed.

Not sure whether it will make the map usable in halflife, but you can change the version number and see what happens.

edit: uploaded to shubhub
2008-09-10, 23:51
18 posts

Sep 2008
Thank u very much. Iam going to test it now .

srbo
2008-09-11, 13:09
18 posts

Sep 2008
ok i can change the version and convert to map. but there is another problem. when i want to start the map. hl says me: textur 92 is not 16 aligned. dont understand that
2008-09-11, 14:51
364 posts

Oct 2006
Using QVER for map conversion is about as effective as renaming C:\autoexec.bat to lilo.conf in hopes of converting your system into Linux
2008-09-11, 15:40
303 posts

Jun 2007
Maybe you'll eventually run Quake maps in HL like that, but they won't be very playable. What you should really do is take the longer route, edit .map files, give them HL textures, objects etc. and save them in proper HL format. All original id maps are under GPL right now, and you can get the sources from here:

http://www.godsendproductions.com/downloads/quake_map_source.zip

For custom maps sources, you must contact the autors (in most cases i think, don't know if any of them are available for free).

There is also number of Quake Maps ports for Deathmatch Classic, try them, they should run under regular HL i think.
  6 posts on 1 page  1