User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Graphics Discussion
2008-08-08, 20:52
12 posts

Jun 2008
Hi, I am pulling teeth trying to make new high quality PM skins for the weapons, ammo, projectiles, player, ect. I was wondering with all these fantastic skinners here might have UVs available for download as a reference for skinning. Thanks in advance.
2008-08-11, 11:23
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
someone help this man
2008-08-12, 10:08
60 posts

May 2006
Don't have any myself, but is pretty easy to do in qME. Open the model, go to skin mode(2 stick figures), create a new blank skin, hit "paint tris on current skin" (has red,yellow,blue coloured shapes). Then just export the skin as a bmp thru file.
2008-08-12, 23:06
303 posts

Jun 2007
I remember when i've tried to do it in qME the way you proposed, UV maps were very low res and have jagged edges, so it was harder to make good skins based on them, is there any way to have them in hi res?
2008-08-13, 00:55
17 posts

Jul 2008
I realize that there is more than one way to skin a cat... and although my way may not be the best way, it works for me.

Open the MDL or MD3 in Milkshape3D and export the model as an OBJ file.
Open the OBJ in a 3d Prog like 3dsMax and import the OBJ. You may have a flipped normal or two (sometimes more), but the UV's are still in tact. Open the UnWrap UVW modifier and Render the UV to the size of your liking.

Bring the UV map into Photoshop and have at it. As work progresses, save your PSD and keep flipping into Max to see your results (setting the PSD as your default material in the Material Editor in Max).
Old Age and Trickery Will Always Overcome Youth and Ambition
  5 posts on 1 page  1