User panel stuff on forum
  23 posts on 1 page  1
Maps & Textures
2006-03-07, 18:57
22 posts

Mar 2006
i've been doing this map now for what... maybe a month Trinca knows of it and some others to so i thought why not introduce it to others to
still some say that this map has a sp like style but sorry to say it i'm not trying todo a sp but a dm map as i always have and this is my 5th map hell village, still in progress though but have a look anyway and i fall down to the masters and beg them to help me in my time of need

well heres the links to the map and some pics
www.multi.fi/~elvis/quakemap/hellvill.zip
www.multi.fi/~elvis/quakemap/hellvill1.jpg
www.multi.fi/~elvis/quakemap/hellvill2.jpg
2006-03-18, 15:10
22 posts

Mar 2006
it would be nice with some feedback also :|
2006-03-18, 16:08
171 posts

Jan 2006
hehe, tried it and it looks quite cool

Don't know what it could be used for though. Maybe ffa with 30 people if you added some weapons and made the quad/pent easier to get.

On my computer I didn't get full fps on the map and looking towards a wall in a great distance didn't display the wall but sky until I got sufficiently close.
2006-03-18, 18:54
231 posts

Jan 2006
my opinion still the same could give a nice single player dm dont think so... sorry my friend :|
2006-03-18, 19:26
1026 posts

Feb 2006
yeah dude! make a singleplayer map
god damn hippies >_<
2006-03-18, 20:54
22 posts

Mar 2006
oops forgot to say that the map isen't fully vissed, only used fast vis on it and apa what client did you use on the map also soft or 3d?

i never get any clipping on this map with fuhquake in 3d mode, when i saw clipping on it i tryed to shrink it abit

unfurtunit i doubt i'll make a sp map of it but maybe in the future but not now, i wouldent know where to start with it as theres just to much stuff to change on it... not that i'm done but still, the other alternative is if i made a dual map of it with sp and dm parts in one, still i don't know where to start and where would i put the exit entetie theres no place for it... not that i can think of anyway
2006-03-18, 21:02
231 posts

Jan 2006
cool sp is fun
2006-03-18, 21:32
22 posts

Mar 2006
sorry to say it i don't have the same opinion i find netplay more fun than singleplayer nowadays
2006-03-19, 00:04
231 posts

Jan 2006
i like both :p
2006-03-19, 01:11
171 posts

Jan 2006
I used gl.
2006-03-19, 01:22
447 posts

Jan 2006
apa wrote:
On my computer I didn't get full fps on the map and looking towards a wall in a great distance didn't display the wall but sky until I got sufficiently close.

Try to increase r_farclip. The default in fuhquake is 4096, which is often insufficient on larger maps.
Teamplay is nothing. Aim is everything. OBEY YOUR AIM

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9017/end2ub.jpg
2006-03-19, 12:04
22 posts

Mar 2006
that's kinda odd if you see sky where there should be a wall as i use standard settings for fuhquake and that has never happend to me
2006-03-19, 21:38
810 posts

Jan 1970
elvis:
why did you post this map in the first place if it doesn't even meet the requirements of a regular beta version? how do you think people should be able to properly comment about the map if it isn't even fullvis'd and doesn't have a raw item placement, either?
besides, even after a fullvis i doubt r_speeds will be in an acceptable scale. there are many spots where the poly count could be reduced easily (the ledges on the rocks, for example) - i suggest you read a tutorial on poly count reduction first (eg. on rust) and check the map with r_showtris.
lighting looks very flat and boring because of the reliance on minlight, and the overall layout isn't really what i would like to have a deathmatch in - lots of long distances and some dead ends, no teleporters. plus, due to the size, it will only work with several players.

it's okay if you want it to be a deathmatch map, but frankly speaking, there won't be many people playing it. so, as the others already said, add single player features as well. that shouldn't be much of a problem - some doors, walls, etc. that only spawn in sp mode, and monsters of course.

i don't want to discourage you, but we have to be realistic. it's 2006 after all, and people are either playing competitive dm maps or proper sp maps.... :|
2006-03-19, 22:18
22 posts

Mar 2006
where did you get the idea it was a beta never sayed that, i mostly put out maps just to get feedback and improve my mapping before i release them as for the dm part i switched over so it will be a dual player type map that means sp and dm in one just in case someone want's to try it online play to but i'n no pro at mapping and the mountin sides prolly won't get any beter than they allready are but hey if you haven't seen the other maps i made i should say this is one of the best looking maps i've made so far
2006-03-19, 22:35
810 posts

Jan 1970
i didn't say anything about the looks (except for the lighting).
you should read this. the ledges on the mountain sides can be transformed into func_walls or moved 1 unit away from the background wall to avoid it from being split into more polygons than necessary. this applies to the candeliers, too. and so forth... also make the sky transparent (with these compilers, for instance).
2006-03-19, 22:58
22 posts

Mar 2006
sorry this i getting more and more over my head just 1 level to high and i allready use those compilers

this i missed "r_showtris" theres no such command in anything i use
2006-03-19, 23:10
231 posts

Jan 2006
neg|ke is to profecional for us Elvis ehehe i´m talking true!!! he map for Quake since 1998 :\ he is to good we are just two noobs...eheheh
2006-04-03, 22:03
22 posts

Mar 2006
ok it's updated again and this time it's surly beta it could even be final
ok now i've changed the map so it's a sp/dm map from now on not only dm anymore
do post back after testing it as i'm very glad how it looks and feels
i must be getting beter as Trinca got killed on the map and that i didn't expect neather did he lol
have fun
oh now the pics is taken from sp and dm standing in the same place do compare they should look abit different
2006-04-07, 13:40
22 posts

Mar 2006
just a thought
how would it look if i made the weapons and pickup markers a litle higher just above the ground and such the smallest i could make them?
and also make them look abit more alike in general not based on the ground that they are in
2006-04-08, 14:55
805 posts

Mar 2006
I think you should consider put the quad in this place, the actual location is too hard for MP.

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9190/ezquake0003cj.th.jpg

There's a problem with the nunmber of entities in SP mode. Because they are disappearing!

Other factor is the lack of weapons and the proper ammo to kill the enemies in SP. It's really hard to kill fiends with a axe!

The map is well done but toooooo huge and detailed for MP.
https://tinyurl.com/qwbrasil - QuakeFiles
2006-04-08, 19:41
22 posts

Mar 2006
vegetous don't use fuhquake for sp on this map it can't handle it try fitzquake or maybe joequake on it
i know it works with fitzquake

and the quad is nowhere near hard to get to its easy as hell but if your in a rush then it may be but not to much

and i've gone threw the map with these ammo and made it but you may be right about it anyway tho in a version i have i've placed a big shell near the db shotgun but nothing more as i have problems deciding where to put em and where they would be more use
2006-04-09, 21:59
22 posts

Mar 2006
ok i've finnaly released my map just hope all is ok so don't be suprised if it feels abit hard as it's my first sp map tho it can be used as dm
have fun with it anyway
oh i moved the pics to another server for the once that need to have a look without downloading
http://www.geocities.com/elvstrom/quakemap/hellvill1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/elvstrom/quakemap/hellvill2.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/elvstrom/quakemap/hellvill3.jpg
all taken from sp
2006-04-09, 22:14
1011 posts

Feb 2006
nice lighting
  23 posts on 1 page  1