User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Advanced Configuration
2008-06-06, 19:39
100 posts

Apr 2008
hiya, no idea how to set this.. but wanting to have rl as default weapon no matter what i pickup, but if i dont have rocket then if i pickup shaft want it to auto switch to that. read the manual and have come up with this, but still doesnt work.. any ideas

b_switch "7"
w_switch "7"

//weapons
bind 1 "weapon 1"
bind 2 "weapon 2 7 8 6 5 3 4"
bind 3 "weapon 4 7 8 6 2"
bind e "weapon 8 7 5 3 2"
bind q "weapon 6 7 8 5 3 2"
bind r "weapon 7 8 5 3 2"
bind MWHEELUP "weapon 3"
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapon 5"
bind SHIFT "weapon 3 7 8 5 2"
2008-06-06, 21:53
355 posts

Jun 2006
Well, one simple solution would be:
alias f_respawn "w_switch 8"
alias f_weaponchange "if $tp_name_rl isin $weapons w_switch 7"
2008-06-07, 14:47
100 posts

Apr 2008
ok now i have rocket. but if i pickup shaft without rocket, it doesnt change to it. !!
2008-06-07, 14:55
100 posts

Apr 2008
yay it works, pissed off all the bind x 'weapon 8 7 6 2 1"
kept the alias and now gives me shaft if i pick it up without rocket, but will leave me on rocket if i pick up shaft. perfect

cheers plazmaz
2008-06-12, 14:47
100 posts

Apr 2008
how can i set it up so if i run out of rockets it goes to next best weapon, but if i pickup ammo it auto goes back to rocket?
2008-06-13, 08:01
100 posts

Apr 2008
anyone??

can this even be done?
2008-06-19, 17:14
685 posts

Jul 2007
Krohm, I think I should give you an example of my Ezquake config that I'm quite pleased with:

The answer is using ALIASES, were you define all the weapon stuff and then later you bind them to keys:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// A L I A S E S
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

alias +boomstick "weapon 2 1; +attack"
alias -boomstick "-attack"
alias +grenadelauncher "weapon 6 3 2 1; +attack"
alias -grenadelauncher "-attack"
alias +rocketlauncher "weapon 7 5 3 4 2 1; +attack"
alias -rocketlauncher "-attack"
alias +shaft "weapon 8 5 3 4 2; +attack"
alias -shaft "-attack"
alias +supernailgun "weapon 5 3 2 1; +attack"
alias -supernailgun "-attack"
alias +supershotgun "weapon 3 5 2 1; +attack"
alias -supershotgun "-attack"

Now follows the key binding section to link the aliases to the buttons:

//
// K E Y B I N D I N G S
//

bind ALT "+grenadelauncher"
bind SHIFT "+shaft" // I use shift because then I can just steer the mouse smoothly without pressing it, which is great for Shaft/LG
bind MOUSE1 "+rocketlauncher"
bind MOUSE2 "+supershotgun"
bind MOUSE4 "+supernailgun"
bind MOUSE5 "+boomstick"

I basicly use MOUSE1 for 'all range' weapons and SHIFT for 'close range' weapons. check the aliases for details. I got extra buttons set, because I don't want to 'discharge' in the water with the Lighting Gun (shaft), I have buttons set for Supernailgun and Super Shotgun as well, etc.

This way you always get the gun you want and if you run out of ammo, the next best gun will be fired as you define in your ALIASES. So make ALIASES and enjoy the power of quake Also check weaponhide option in ezquake so the enemy won't get your good weapons.

The only thing that I don't like in ezquake, is that sometimes I have to press Shift twice before it finally fires my Shaft. Like when you're in the heat of battle and pump some grenades and then switch over to SHIFT fast..... it just doesn't seem to respond well. I really have to release the Grenade button key and neatly press the SHIFT button to fire Shaft.
  7 posts on 1 page  1