User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2008-05-14, 16:30
100 posts

Apr 2008
finally after years of slowness. despite settings changes and upgrades of ezquakes causing big improvements ive finally solved all slowness, labored movement problems. what a relief.

copied my pak0 and pak1 from my old old old quake directory, created a new quake and \id1 directory, put the pak0 and pak1 into new quake\id then copied cfg and then just installed a completely fresh install of ezquake 1.9 . everything working perfect! was very old graphics though, like 98 styles. so copied old textures and lits folders from qw into new qw directory (that the ezquake1.9 install created) and now all old textures work with all the smoothness of an untained install! so good, what a relief.

still need to change a few hud settings as have old hud and some graphics etc. but bugs ive reported in the bug report for 1.9 of vid_restart crashing my qw and the in_mouse 3 causing labored movement/skipping of frames are all solved. so much smoother and faster. anyone having any problems with their mouse or quake movement etc i highly recommend doing this. solved all problems of slowness and labored movement. have literally complained for years that my movement has been hindered by settings etc. turns out the clean install ! (cant believe i never did this earlier) has fixed everything. aul
2008-05-14, 16:39
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
krohm wrote:
copied my pak0 and pak1 from my old old old quake directory, created a new quake and \id1 directory, put the pak0 and pak1 into new quake\id then copied cfg and then just installed a completely fresh install of ezquake 1.9 . everything working perfect! was very old graphics though, like 98 styles. so copied old textures and lits folders from qw into new qw directory (that the ezquake1.9 install created) and now all old textures work with all the smoothness of an untained install! so good, what a relief.

never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2008-05-14, 16:59
100 posts

Apr 2008
mushi hey? i play under mushin occasionally .. - under certain states
2008-05-14, 23:44
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Yes, that is the "proper" way of installing "fresh copy" of ezQuake. Just extract the ezQuake archive and copy ID1/paks where they belong, then copy your config and possible textures and custom graphics like crosshairimage and hud elements.
Servers: Troopers
  4 posts on 1 page  1