User panel stuff on forum
  9 posts on 1 page  1
Graphics Discussion
2008-04-01, 00:47
19 posts

Mar 2008
My quake looks like this currently (ThunderWalker mod) http://teamterrorwtf.com/bludshot/tw/ezquake039.png

You can see that the weapon icons are still low-res and the numbers for health and armor are low res as well. Anyone know where I can get some nice high res replacements for these? Ideally looking for more faithful style stuff.
2008-04-01, 08:00
793 posts

Feb 2006
http://gfx.qwdrama.com/browse/hud/
2008-04-01, 18:23
230 posts

Jan 2006
Check out my id numbers and maybe my faithfulish wad in the textures section
MoonDrunks Quake Graphics
/Moon[Drunk]
2008-04-02, 03:33
19 posts

Mar 2008
Thanks guys, I'm going to check these out. That QW graphics site looks awesome, I didn't know about it.

Ok great, got Moon's numbers. Can't find any faithful gun icons though.

But how about the gun icons in this screenshot:
http://gfx.qwdrama.com/files/117.jpg

Anyone know where I can get those ones (or if you know of something better...) but I haven't found those yet...
2008-04-03, 00:13
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
those should be in nQuake iirc
2008-04-03, 02:20
19 posts

Mar 2008
So they are. Man I need to learn the difference between nQuake and ez-quake heh. Like I just went into nQuake and it looks so nice with cool effects when bullets hit walls and stuff.

edit: Oh, because my nQuake is using ez-quake 1.9.

Why does nQuake use ez-quake 1.9 alpha and ez-quake website only seems to have 1.8... That is why nQuake has much better looking impacts when bullets hit walls right??

Also, I've got another noob question: My pent icon on my hud is the old ugly low res one. I tried to replace it but it's still the same. What is the correct path and file name of the pent icon?
2008-04-03, 13:23
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
bludshot wrote:
Why does nQuake use ez-quake 1.9 alpha and ez-quake website only seems to have 1.8... That is why nQuake has much better looking impacts when bullets hit walls right??

You did kinda answer this question yourself, the ezQuake website lists the downloads for the latest stable build, and thats 1.8.3. ezQuake 1.9 is still just alpha/beta.
You can find other builds both beta and nightly on the download page at the ezQuake website.

Regarding the explosions, I just think thats the nQuake config that is using some eyecandy setup, have a look in the options menu.

bludshot wrote:
Also, I've got another noob question: My pent icon on my hud is the old ugly low res one. I tried to replace it but it's still the same. What is the correct path and file name of the pent icon?

disc.png, is the one shown in the upper right corner of the console when loading maps.
sb_invuln.png, is the one shown in the hud.

Both should go in:
x:\quake\qw\textures\wad\
2008-04-03, 20:50
19 posts

Mar 2008
Thanks. Yeah I thought I had my graphics on full, but there's a setting called "Movie" that is the one that adds the nicer bullet impacts. It hurts the fps too much though so, turns out I'm not going to use it anyway.

Here's something interesting though, the pent on the HUD by the 666 numbers *isn't* sb_invuln.png, it's disc.png. (And the one in the top right is disc.png too.) (At least this is how it is in ez-quake 1.8)
2008-04-05, 00:17
Administrator
1864 posts

Feb 2006
bludshot wrote:
Here's something interesting though, the pent on the HUD by the 666 numbers *isn't* sb_invuln.png, it's disc.png. (And the one in the top right is disc.png too.) (At least this is how it is in ez-quake 1.8)

They both show, one of them is the small icon
  9 posts on 1 page  1