User panel stuff on forum
  7 posts on 1 page  1
Server Talk
2006-03-02, 01:23
32 posts

Mar 2006
Hello again all! I'm trying to setup a quake co-op server, but I cant seem to get my server (in mvdsv) to have the correct spawn points, where as it spawns people in deathmatch points, even though I have teamplay 1 and deathmatch 0 and coop 1 in server.cfg...?
Maybe I just dont have the correct setup..can someone give a broad way of setting this up?
I used to be able to do it, but I lost my quake dir(as well as 300gb of other shit ) and now I can not remember how!!!
Thanks for any and all help guys!
-wang
2008-03-18, 03:16
32 posts

Mar 2006
any answers/info on this? haha...
-wang
2008-03-18, 11:02
950 posts

Apr 2006
I haven't set up a coop server in a looooooooooong time...

I'll have a look.
2008-03-24, 02:37
32 posts

Mar 2006
alright, how about just setting up a simple coop multiplayer game - like i know I used to be able to just create a new multiplayer coop game (using fuhquake) and my friends could join the server if i gave them my ip address...but that does not seem to work anymore(ive long since formated this pc)...so what now on a fresh format, fresh fuhquake install?
-wang
2008-03-30, 07:44
637 posts

Jan 2006
http://coop.goqsane.info

try this it has configs and all that
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2008-04-17, 11:10
271 posts

Feb 2006
wangmauler wrote:
alright, how about just setting up a simple coop multiplayer game - like i know I used to be able to just create a new multiplayer coop game (using fuhquake) and my friends could join the server if i gave them my ip address...but that does not seem to work anymore(ive long since formated this pc)...so what now on a fresh format, fresh fuhquake install?

Ditch the firewall, set up port forwarding on the NAT. etc. QuakeWorld uses port 27500 for servers by default (although it can be changed). Consult your firewall/nat documentation for info on how to open up this port to allow connections from other machines.
QuakeWorld servers just listen, they don't open up your entire machine.
moo
2008-04-22, 12:43
News Writer
280 posts

May 2006
wangmauler, mvdsv don't spawn players - this is work of a mod.
Copy spprogs.dat (from ezQauke or fuhquake installation) to qwprogs.dat and use it as mod for coop games.
  7 posts on 1 page  1