10 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2008-03-04, 23:20
150 posts

Nov 2006
In nQuake package, the sys_yieldcpu is set to 1 and it should be 0:
0 - More cpu power is allocated to ezQuake
1 - Less cpu power is allocated to ezQuake

Another one is gl_ztrick also set to 1 and it should be 0.
For those u have Nvidia, will see fps improvements (just type "timedemo xxxx" to confirm) but even who has ATI i dont think its a good idea to have this enabled since it will make screen less precise.

Finally, for those who have Nvidia, in Nvidia Control Panel there is an option called "Threaded Optimization" and by default is set to AUTO. This is to take advantage of processors like C2D with multiple CPUs. If u set it to "ON" u will gain FPS (just check it with "timedemo xxxx" once again).

I just intend to help, hope i can.

Cheers...
2008-03-05, 06:04
51 posts

Nov 2006
sys_yieldcpu 0 always caused some problems for me.it takes ages to alt-tab , when i was listening to mp3s while playing the music skipped every second and the movement was very spongy.
there were a few more players who i knew had the same problems.maybe this command was set to 0 knowing the problems it can cause.
(same goes for sys_highpriority 1 btw)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2008-03-05, 06:47
150 posts

Nov 2006
Spooink: what PC u have? i believe its because your cpu is weak, i use sys_yield 0 and alt-tab instantly 0.1 miliseconds
2008-03-05, 10:42
229 posts

Aug 2007
I use those settings as you stated but it differs from user to user.

Even if you have quad core cpu and you allow some program prioritize 100%, it can create problems. Like Ventrilo doesn't detect push-to-talk key fast enough, slippery mouse movement(detecting control devices) and other background problems(like winamp problem already mentioned.).

So what I'm saying is that those are very good console commands for some problems but one should always try out which works best by himself.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2008-03-05, 12:57
252 posts

Dec 2006
I get more fps with gl_ztricks 1.

Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.43GHz, 1024mb ram, geforce 8600 gt 512MB.
'on 120 ping i have beaten mortuary dirtbox and reload' (tm) mz adrenalin
'i watched sting once very boring and not good at all' (tm) mz adrenalin
[i]'i shoulda won all
2008-03-05, 13:45
150 posts

Nov 2006
Runamok.foe wrote:
I get more fps with gl_ztricks 1.

Athlon 64 3000+ @ 2.43GHz, 1024mb ram, geforce 8600 gt 512MB.

Are u sure about that? I´ve tested it several time always same result. Maybe Series 8 is diferent, i have 7900GS

Either way i have found out something interesting and weird.
When inside a map if u type timerefresh u will have less response time and more fps with gl_ztrick 1 in some parts of the map.
Also, with gl_ztrick 0 when playing locally with lgc3 bots, with both bolts on screen i notice a weird visual slowdown laggy behaviour making hard to control mouse to shaft.

Facing this im not really sure, gl_ztrick 1 suposly is bad but it behaves strange in QW so i guess value of "1" would be recommended.
Someone with programming experience could clear this out?

Shaga: maybe your right with sys_yieldcpu 0, perhaps it can cause secondary effects on mouse or integrated network cards. I guess testing is needed and depends on the systems.
2008-03-05, 15:18
637 posts

Jan 2006
gl_ztricks 1

makes you pass ztricks every time you want, in GL

ahahah
http://slip.4.pl/ - unblocking myspace facebook firewall
2008-03-05, 15:53
Administrator
1265 posts

Jan 2006
olá matiii!!!!!!!
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you back to their level and then beat you with experience.
2008-03-05, 17:34
1435 posts

Jan 2006
sys_yiledcpu 0 gives huge input lag (unplayable) in certain combination of cl_maxfps.. nQuake must use settings that are safe, not settings that give a bit more FPS
2008-03-05, 18:07
150 posts

Nov 2006
JohnNy_cz wrote:
sys_yiledcpu 0 gives huge input lag (unplayable) in certain combination of cl_maxfps.. nQuake must use settings that are safe, not settings that give a bit more FPS

I´ve been messing around on maps and you are absolutly right, i was wondering wtf was going on i couldnt control mouse, just didnt know what it was. I have 385 fps if that helps on anything.

MUSHI
  10 posts on 1 page  1