User panel stuff on forum
  11 posts on 1 page  1
Off Topic
2008-03-01, 08:15
51 posts

Nov 2006
Just stumbled upon this PLAY4FREE game developed by EA/Dice and had to share it with you guys cause i thought it looks really fun

Quote:
We are very excited to introduce Battlefield Heroes. It offers fun, accessible action gameplay but with a twist — because it’s free, anyone can try it and because it is proven Battlefield gameplay, we know people will love it. Now, you don’t have to be a hardcore gamer or buy a high-end gaming machine to have fun on the battlefield.
It’s a fun cartoon-style shooter which caters to players of all skill levels — easy to pick up and play, but with deep character development
It will be released for the PC as a free download in Summer 2008

looks like a mix of TF2 and Battlefield.
watch the trailer here:
http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/video
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2008-03-01, 08:19
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
It's quite embarrassing that they do this now that Team Fortress 2 has been released. The cartoonish thing i mean.
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2008-03-01, 08:23
51 posts

Nov 2006
haha yea , they prolly thought "shit Valve owned us! - lets just counter and make the game free to download!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I had lost exactly two weeks.
2008-03-01, 08:45
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Another game with match making system. QW needs this badly.
2008-03-01, 09:52
137 posts

Sep 2006
Heh, a friend is one the animators for it. Embarrasing theft or nice concept adaptation(?), i still havent decided what to think and say :> Looks nice though, i like the "arcade" feel. Its a game not simulation. Will try it but wont get into it

(think he said it was totally done?, but it might just be betatesting(summer sounded far away)
2008-03-01, 10:37
347 posts

Feb 2006
From the trailer that looked like a lot of fun! Battlefield always felt too simulation-like for me, where as I enjoyed the predecessor, Codename Eagle a lot more. It's nice that they seem to be returning to something where the gameplay is focussed exclusively on pure fun instead of trying to be true to the real world. This is something I've always felt Codename Eagle was all about, although I'm not exactly sure whether that was the original intent of that game. :-)
2008-03-01, 12:06
793 posts

Feb 2006
haha yea the trailer really brings the war=fun! thing across well.
i don't trust EA though
2008-03-01, 13:06
251 posts

Jul 2007
EA and for free? Yea, sure! Wonder when the first add-on/value/whatever packages arrive for $$$.
2008-03-01, 15:03
401 posts

Mar 2006
No thanks. It can't be better than TF2.
2008-03-01, 15:08
229 posts

Aug 2007
pattah: Every look for the char, armors, weapons, weapon mods etc all cost money iirc. And there will be ingame advertising also. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to fly or drive without first paying, but that's not said anywhere, I'm just a bit pessimistic.
TEAM QUAD [need nothing]
shaga loses another friend
shaga discovers blast radius

QUAD
2008-03-04, 07:33
1026 posts

Feb 2006
Quote:
Advertisements will appear on the website and the 'front-end' of the game although none will appear in-game, while micropayments may be made for additional items to customize the appearance of players' avatars without any gaming advantage.

the thing is the game is a 3rd person shooter (for n00bs to see the cool custom items they bought).. let's see how fun it turns out

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battlefieldheroes/news.html?sid=6186989&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;story;4
god damn hippies >_<
  11 posts on 1 page  1