User panel stuff on forum
  34 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page
Advanced Configuration
2008-01-25, 14:29
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
Followup:
Tried fakeshaft 0.5 yesterday (around 10-15 games) and had a feeling I missed a lot more, but the lg percentage told me otherwise.

Will definitly keep using it!
2008-02-05, 14:29
21 posts

Jun 2007
All user preference...

Besides, I don't like a lagging shaft, it distracts, I wan't to see where I'm aiming at, with both my crosshair and the shaft animation.

I used to have 0.9 fakeshaft, no matter what game, then I switched to 1 because nearly every game's got that option(all ut's quake 3 and 4 painkiller) making it somewhat easier to transit from game to game, as the concept of aiming stays the same.

My aim improved but that's only logical, I got used to it over time, I got better in general over time, there is no 'magic' value, and there is no 'bad' value, there's just the value you prefer.
2008-02-05, 18:19
462 posts

Jan 2006
Been trying fakeshaft for a couple of days. I have a small "theory" that with fakeshaft when I hit, I hit better because I'm less likely to overreact and move my aim away from the target. On the other hand when I'm missing I miss more because I have no idea where the "real" shaft is going and how to correct it. Not sure if this is true, nor can I say that it would make an overall difference one way or the other.
2008-02-06, 10:59
Administrator
1025 posts

Apr 2006
blAze wrote:
Been trying fakeshaft for a couple of days. I have a small "theory" that with fakeshaft when I hit, I hit better because I'm less likely to overreact and move my aim away from the target. On the other hand when I'm missing I miss more because I have no idea where the "real" shaft is going and how to correct it. Not sure if this is true, nor can I say that it would make an overall difference one way or the other.

All I know is my lg was much better with fakeshaft 0.5 then 1.0. (Although my SG-aim went up pretty much from practising with fakeshaft 1. Average around 39-42%, so it did have some bright sides ) Soon I will start practising not using it at all, or just low 0.2 or something.

Just contact me some day and we can play and try different fakeshafts and see how we perform with it vs eachother.
  34 posts on 2 pages  First page12Last page