User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2007-10-19, 23:09
126 posts

Oct 2006
I visited nquake homepage. It's a really nice package for rookies

I was thinking about the text...

"Need help? Come to #qwhelp. New to Quake? Come to #qwrookie.
Both channels reside on the QuakeNet IRC network."

Maby there is alot of people that don't know about IRC, and how to use it... So maby someone should put up a little help link "How to use IRC, and an irc-client."

Most people uses MSN ICQ etc, instead of IRC.. If we want the young folks, help em with irc?

Maby someone should make a little help guide that every "rookie place" could refer to.

Qwdrama have some nice guides already, maby something they could arrange..
2007-10-20, 01:45
284 posts

Oct 2006
Well, quite frankly there is just so much that we can do. Simply keeping nQuake package updated and fixing it is occupying Empezar's qw project time completely (from what I understand) and personally I don't think we are the place to start teaching people internet technologies. If you don't know about IRC and are too noob / ignorant to google shit, then maybe, just maybe we could have that web-based irc client help you out. This has been talked about a lot and I don't really know what the situation is concerning that / who is taking care of it. But it has been on the table, and is prolly on someone's todo-list

Btw. please post future requests / comments in the nQuake thread.
2007-10-20, 07:04
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
if someone wrote a guide to IRC on qwdrama I could link to it on nquake website.
2007-10-20, 08:12
56 posts

Jan 2006
empezar wrote:
if someone wrote a guide to IRC on qwdrama I could link to it on nquake website.

I already started making one but then I started to wonder what's the point of making a new one when we already have this: http://www.mirc.com/install.html
2007-10-20, 08:38
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
that's a lot of text. could be made easier.
2007-10-20, 08:54
1435 posts

Jan 2006
Add link to KVIrc client. Besides the usual (an chaotic, imho) server list it allows you to just open a new window and type the URL leading to irc channel. So put such URL on nQuake page under the donwload link, like this:
irc://irc.quakenet.org/#qwhelp
  6 posts on 1 page  1