cl_gameclock_y
scr_menualpha
match_auto_sshot
match_format_2on2
match_format_4on4
demo_dir
qizmo_dir
sshot_dir

Those are the fuhquake commands that the ezscript plugin failed to convert. The documentation is a little bit of a mess (non-alphabetized, etc), but I'll dig through it eventually [edit: found a better version now, digging through atm]. Just figured if anyone offhand knows the corresponding commands to some of these, it would be nice.

Some questions too;
1) Is there a gameclock? What's the command?
2) r_rockettrails doesn't work for me - any reason for that? Also, is there any way to modify the explosions? [fixed - apparently need to change map to see effects - still nothing on the explosions though]
3) b_switch and w_switch are pretty important imo. Any way to get them back?
4) Teamsays were rather seriously afflicted. I could go through em all and fix them one by one, but if someone has a "standard" tpconfig for FTE lying around I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.
5) Minor problem, but my conback is a png and loads with very low colors etc (looks horrid). Any way to fix this? I can't seem to get gl_conback to work, and the documentation only says it "sets the conback", no examples etc.
6) My conchars didn't load properly. Is there a proper directory for this? Or a variable to point to a conchar? Can't find anything in the docs about it.
7) The powerup glow has disappeared from when the powerups are lying on the ground. I have a glow when I have them, but I'd like the glow from when they're lying on the ground back. Gl_flashblend only affects the glow when someone has the powerup. Can't find another variable that affects the glow.

...I think that's about it, for now
2006-02-13, 19:40
271 posts

Feb 2006
b_switch: use setinfo b_switch blah (like regular qw)
w_switch: use setinfo b_switch blah (like regular qw)
scr_conalpha: not supported
r_drawflame: not supported
r_explosionType: fte's system is more versatile, but this is not directly supported.
gl_part_trails: same as above
r_fastturb: r_waterlayers 0 will make it faster, but it's not the same
gl_subdivide_size: fte does not subdivide. No more ugly skies.
vid_vsync: _vid_wait_override (though in build 2600 it only allows turning it on)
vid_mode: use vid_width and vid_height, folled by a vid_restart
mp3_volume: musicvolume, I suppose
cl_gameclock: what's the difference between these and cl_clock?
cl_gameclock_x: ...
cl_gameclock_y: ...

and the rest I either don't know about or are not supported.
They might be in a future version.
scr_drawhfrags
scr_drawvfrags
scr_scoreboard_fillalpha
scr_menualpha
match_auto_sshot
match_format_2on2
match_format_4on4
demo_dir
qizmo_dir
sshot_dir

Quote:

Those are the fuhquake commands that the ezscript plugin failed to convert. The documentation is a little bit of a mess (non-alphabetized, etc), but I'll dig through it eventually [edit: found a better version now, digging through atm]. Just figured if anyone offhand knows the corresponding commands to some of these, it would be nice.

Some questions too;
1) Is there a gameclock? What's the command?
2) r_rockettrails doesn't work for me - any reason for that? Also, is there any way to modify the explosions? [fixed - apparently need to change map to see effects - still nothing on the explosions though]
3) b_switch and w_switch are pretty important imo. Any way to get them back?
4) Teamsays were rather seriously afflicted. I could go through em all and fix them one by one, but if someone has a "standard" tpconfig for FTE lying around I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.
5) Minor problem, but my conback is a png and loads with very low colors etc (looks horrid). Any way to fix this? I can't seem to get gl_conback to work, and the documentation only says it "sets the conback", no examples etc.
6) My conchars didn't load properly. Is there a proper directory for this? Or a variable to point to a conchar? Can't find anything in the docs about it.
7) The powerup glow has disappeared from when the powerups are lying on the ground. I have a glow when I have them, but I'd like the glow from when they're lying on the ground back. Gl_flashblend only affects the glow when someone has the powerup. Can't find another variable that affects the glow.

...I think that's about it, for now

1) please answer my question above the quote from you. :p
2) fte's particle set is far more complicated. We're going to add some extra thingies to flush out the particle system and reload it if one of these cvars change. We'll then put if commands in the particle script and emulate all these various particleset-mutating cvars. This'll also make it easier to mod, as we can then add a particle set that does fork out into less complete effects more reliably.
r_particlesdesc names the particle effect to load at the start of each map (note that exec works too, but only until a map change). For those adventerous amongst you, here's a link to the default script http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/fteqw/engine/partcfgs/spikeset.cfg
Download, rename, splice it about a bit, and name it through r_particlesdesc. Congrats, you just swapped around the effects or made your own. Over on besmella's forums, you can find excepts from purplehaze's effects. They're awesome.
3) set them via setinfo, a way which has always worked in all quakeworld engines.
4) FTE doesn't have as complete teamplay stuff. It should support a bit more than zquake, but probably supports less than fuhquake.
5) Seems I partly broke something. Try placing the textures in quake/id1/textures/conbacks (alternativly, try a q3 shader!)
6) I screwed up here too, but worse. There's no workaround. You'll have to replace the standard conchars like any other image from gfx.wad.
7) make sure you're running quakeworld. By default, the standard client starts up with deathmatch 0, and will run normal quake as a result (which didn't have glowing pickups).
moo
2006-02-13, 20:57
151 posts

Feb 2006
cl_gameclock 0/1/2
0: disabled
1: enabled, counts up from 00:00 to mm:ss from game start.
2: enabled, counts down from mm:ss until 00:00 from game start.

Where mm:ss = timelimit in minutes:seconds.
[edit: should add that it has hours too, but they're obviously not used unless you set timelimit insanely high ]

As for the rest; nice, thanks I was able to load the conback when I moved it, but it still loads with poor coloring (shadowed area especially looks horrible). Would another format than .png work better?
2006-02-13, 22:55
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006

r_rockettrail needs vid_restart to work I think
2006-04-30, 11:19
47 posts

Jan 2006
When I start fteglqw it terminates, when then pressing more info about the problem i get this:

AppName: fteglqw.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: atioglxx.dll
ModVer: 6.14.10.5646 Offset: 0029d7ed

Any solution ?
2006-04-30, 11:48
1100 posts

Jan 2006
Try launching fte with the video modes in the commandline like "fteqwgl.exe -width 1024 -height 768 -bpp 32". Maybe that helps.
2006-04-30, 12:45
47 posts

Jan 2006
Didn't work, but something which did work however was to start it with sw-renderer first, then from fte change to gl. This is quite a problem, but I have, now when testing realized that the movement is _really_ choppy, both your own (mostly noticable when bunnying fast) and opponents'.
  7 posts on 1 page  1