User panel stuff on forum
  15 posts on 1 page  1
Client Talk
2007-07-12, 05:23
284 posts

Oct 2006
Hey,

I really like this alt+enter fullscreen<->windowed functionality. But I can't seem to find an answer to one problem from anywhere. Checked changelogs, updating instructions, forums etc. - nothing

The only thing I would really need atm. would be to set different video settings for windowed mode and fullscreen mode. I noticed that there were variables for exactly this purpose, but they were all for software qw :/

I would also like to be able to remove the whole top bar of the window, because I have no use for it, and it's stopping me from aligning to 0,0 nicely. I thought I could go around this with vid_ypos -30, but no, you can't :/ Also, is it possible to have the window with no frames at all? I would certainly think so. I would simply like windowed qw to look like a layer on the desktop, not a window with frames and top bar.

ps. hope I don't have to wait for the next stable for this
2007-07-12, 08:07
405 posts

Jan 2006
and u talk about linux, i guess.
<3
2007-07-12, 08:28
284 posts

Oct 2006
qqshka wrote:
and u talk about linux, i guess.

Nah, I'm talking about winxp. I know how to do that stuff in linux just by forcing from the wm settings
2007-07-13, 11:14
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Bother yourself a bit. vid_mode 5 (for example) and then alt+enter. When coming back, vid_mode whateveryouhad and then alt+enter.

Windowed vidmode can be coded to ezQuake (I'm not saying ezQuake people will ever do this) somehow but there are other and more important things to be fixed first. Besides, vid_mode command isn't that hard to use (it requires vid_restart though if you do it when ezQ is already windowed or fullscreen).
Servers: Troopers
2007-07-13, 13:06
405 posts

Jan 2006
also, was added vid_borderless 1, a bit buggy :<
<3
2007-07-13, 13:49
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
wouldn't it be possible to make two aliases

one that changes resolution to 800x600 (or whatever) and changes to windowed mode
one that changes resolution to 1024x768 (or whatever) and changes to fullscreen mode

if these aliases were "w" (for windowed) and "f" for (fullscreen), it would be as simple as tilde+f+enter instead of alt+enter, i bet one could practice for a few hours to be able to press these sequence of buttons as fast as they can do the alt+enter combination?
2007-07-13, 14:09
1329 posts

Apr 2006
Empezar wrote:

I'll check in to it, brb...

Okay... (800*600 windowed, 1280*1024 fullscreen)

alias windowed "vid_fullscreen 0;vid_mode 4;vid_restart"
alias fscreen "vid_fullscreen 1;vid_mode 8;vid_restart"
bind f11 windowed
bind f12 fscreen

Use vid_modelist to check the video modes.
2007-07-13, 14:14
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
heh, good idea there

pressing F11 must be faster than pressing alt+enter
2007-07-13, 17:08
284 posts

Oct 2006
Well thank you for all your input. Not to sound cocky or unpolite, but all your workarounds were very familiar to me since I'm quite fond of configuring qw (even more than playing?). I simply wanted to know if my dreamscenario works atm. without any extra aliasing etc. Guess not (yet)

And maybe I'd go with this:
Quote:
alias windowed "vid_fullscreen 0;vid_mode 4;vid_restart;bind f11 fscreen"
alias fscreen "vid_fullscreen 1;vid_mode 8;vid_restart;bind f11 windowed"
bind f11 windowed

And I did, it's ok for now except for the restart and borders still there.

And next time I'll remember to note that I am aware of the workarounds so people don't have to waste time explaining them again
2007-07-13, 17:36
284 posts

Oct 2006
Renzo wrote:
Empezar wrote:

Use vid_modelist to check the video modes.

Btw. there is no vid_modelist in ezquake (1.8) and I could not find how to show a list of available modes other than going to Options -> Video -> Resolution and clicking through those.
2007-07-13, 18:19
1329 posts

Apr 2006
niomic wrote:
Well thank you for all your input. Not to sound cocky or unpolite, but all your workarounds were very familiar to me since I'm quite fond of configuring qw (even more than playing?).

Then why ask at the board? Go to #ezquake and ask devs, you'll get your answer faster (I guess).
niomic wrote:
Btw. there is no vid_modelist in ezquake (1.8)

I didn't actually check this. It's easy to forget when you are using even newer builds daily for testing different things (new features of ktx, mvdsv, eztv and the client itself).
2007-07-13, 18:30
1329 posts

Apr 2006
qqshka wrote:

A bit?

I think niomic meant to remove the top-bar that has "normal - pl: 2/2 - map", not all the borders. And yes, it bugs "a bit" currently
2007-07-13, 22:08
News Writer
493 posts

Jan 2006
modelist in 1.8
i changed it back to vid_modelist for the next release, though
2007-07-14, 15:46
284 posts

Oct 2006
Renzo wrote:
Then why ask at the board? Go to #ezquake and ask devs, you'll get your answer faster (I guess).

Well I wasn't asking the board for alternatives, but like I said, I should have seen it coming and stated that I'm aware of them already. The reason I used the board was simply because it's a better asynchrounous environment, so I don't have to hang around in IRC and wait for answers. Also a lot of the devs read the board so I can reach them here as well
2007-07-16, 09:26
405 posts

Jan 2006
Renzo wrote:
qqshka wrote:

A bit?

I think niomic meant to remove the top-bar that has "normal - pl: 2/2 - map", not all the borders. And yes, it bugs "a bit" currently

dunno what niomic meant, I removed all borders and window caption, but after vid_restart u need to some magic movement to get window back, and after few hours have no idea where bug is :E
<3
  15 posts on 1 page  1