User panel stuff on forum
  6 posts on 1 page  1
General Discussion
2007-07-01, 20:00
230 posts

Jan 2006
The June edition of the Swedish PC GAMER magazine had an article about Quake in its retro section.
There was 3 pictures taken from the ezQuake gallery and one "shiny" ss from the start map.
Unfortunately there wasn't any links to quakeworld.nu or ezQuake just a link to idsoftware.com.
Quakeworld, ezQuake or that there are still people playing and developing Quake/Quakeworld wasn't even mentioned or hinted

I’m not familiar with how these retro-articles usually are designed but from my point of view I think it was a shame that it didn’t even mentioned ezQuake or Quakeworld as it is today, still alive that is
2007-07-01, 20:57
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
Heh, i suggested such an article like a year ago and got a "no-no". What a fucking waste. :\
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-07-01, 21:11
303 posts

Jun 2007
I remember an article of that kind in polish magazine cd-action. There was separate articles about Q1 (singleplayer mostly), Q2, Q3, Q4 and QW. Artcile about QW have contained servers ip, links to fuhquake and more, and some info about qw scene. I didn't have acces to the internet back then, and i have played AvP2 with some ppl on lan, so i haven't bother to check what QW is. Now i know that was horrible mistake

They even have include full version of Quake 2 (of course it was legal, full copy of the game, not some oem version like Q2 that was added to old 3dfx cards. I still have this CD, the only downside is, this is Q2 not Q1)
2007-07-01, 22:48
705 posts

Feb 2006
sadface
2007-07-02, 11:02
Administrator
2059 posts

Jan 2006
After having found out about this i posted the following complaint in their thread about their latest edition of the magazine.
Åke Vader wrote:
Nu har jag inte lÀst retroartikeln om Quake. Det har dock kommit till min vetskap att det varken fanns nÄgon information om ezQuake, fQuake, http://www.quakeworld.nu eller European Quake League osv. Det finns alltsÄ gott om möjligheter för den som vill att hitta motstÄnd och lira turneringar i Quake(world) Àn idag. Vi (lÀs: de som fortfarande Àr involverade i tidernas bÀsta spel) hade gladeligen bistÄtt med feedback till artikeln dÄ detta nÀrmast kÀnns som en missad chans för oss att fixa Ànnu fler nya/nygamla spelare.

KÀnner ni suget efter Quakeworld igen sÄ dyk in i #qwrookie pÄ Quakenet sÄ skall ni se att det finns gott om folk som gibbar online Àn idag.

I explained that Quakeworld is still very much alive and kicking and that we as a community thinks it was kind of a wasted opportunity to get new and old players into the game again.

Got the following response that says they will include a shortened version of my above complaint in their reader's department in the next issue of the magazine if i'd like to. Better than nothing at least.
Raging Ronin wrote:
Eller sĂ„ bockar vi för tipset och tar in en nedkortad variant av ditt brev i Ocensurerat nĂ€sta mĂ„nad ÅV, vad sĂ€gs?
www.facebook.com/QuakeWorld
2007-07-02, 11:26
Administrator
2058 posts

Jan 2006
it would probably be good to tip them about nquake instead of fquake.
  6 posts on 1 page  1