User panel stuff on forum
  3 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2007-06-28, 17:59
9 posts

Jun 2007
Hello,

My ezquake server browsing is acting strange.
Everything went smoothly just before I bought myself a new router, a D-Link DIR-100.

Now I'm confronted with a problem with the server browsing function in the latest version of Ezquake.
It seems I'm able to browse only for a little while or a few times (haven't found any special pattern), until it wont work.
The problem illustrates itself in me (seemingly) being able to ping the servers, but the 'loading bar' for "Getting infos" freezes immediately, and timeouts after a sec or two.
Quake will now be like this until I restart my router, then it will work for a little while again, until the same scenario occurs.
Now, yesterday I was fooling around a bit, searching google for dns problems on advice from Adde (thanks), but little did it help.
One thing that did happen though, which was a first, was this: I was messing around with the router settings, and enable something called 'Multicast streams', after which I thought the problem was solved. Magically I could ping _and_ get infos right after I checked the multicast box. Sadly, however, this was just as temporary as all my other tries, so I'm back to square one again.

I've got two computers connected via the router, and I'm experiencing the same thing with both of them.
My ISP is comhem, but I'm guessing it's not ISP related, since it worked just fine before I bought the router.
Both computers are running Win xp SP2.
...and this problem is exclusive to quake and the serverbrowsing. Internet browsing and everything else is working perfectly.

Any suggestions?
2007-06-28, 23:19
705 posts

Feb 2006
yeah probably not isp-related. i also have comhem , only problem i have with them is if there's a power outage.
btw is the network wireless?
2007-06-29, 08:44
9 posts

Jun 2007
Nope, it's not wireless.
  3 posts on 1 page  1