User panel stuff on forum
  4 posts on 1 page  1
Help
2006-02-10, 22:16
810 posts

Jan 1970
Hello,

I've played Q3 ProMode for a couple of years and recently I switched to playing QW. Seeing as though I suck (I play ffa on a Dutch server quite a bit but I hardly have any map knowledge and my movement and aiming suck) I'd like to practice against bots sometime. Against other players seems a waste of time at this point since you guys have all played this game for about the past 100 year :lol: Anyway, what I'd like to know: is there a good bot out there/how do I install and configure it?

TIA!
2006-02-10, 23:08
21 posts

Feb 2006
Get the bot here: http://www.quakeworld.ru/file.?id=44

Create a new directory (e.g. name it bot) in your Quake folder and unpack it there.

Create a shortcut of your fuhquake.exe (or whatever else you're using).
For example: fuhquake-gl.exe -game bot

Then you can start to play. Start the game, type timelimit 10, deathmatch 3 (weaponstay) and match (so you can do warmup and then go ready) and map dm6 or whatever you like.

When you're ingame type addbot and then go ready.

hf
2006-02-11, 12:47
810 posts

Jan 1970
thank you very much, works like a charm. Now to get the bot a little smarter though, it stand still a lot
2006-02-11, 15:19
76 posts

Jan 2006
Skillup, skilldown are the commands for that. However, you can save yourself typing all that timelimit, deahtmatch things by typing "exec duel.cfg" instead (or adding +exec duel.cfg to the cmdline), it will set up things for you. And you better use +gamedir instead of -game, but that's just formality.
  4 posts on 1 page  1