Quakeworld Kenya Collective
2007-09-27, 21:01
364 posts

Oct 2006
2007-09-27, 21:51
151 posts

Feb 2006
molgrum wrote:
I really can't see how my method resembles a binary tree in any way?

I never said it did, I just pointed out what the term means I have no idea how the whole spawn thing works - just trying to help.

tonik wrote:
"weaponscript kiddies having an advantage"? What the fuck, have you been living under a rock or something? Haven't like 80% of the players had +rl bound to mouse1 for the past 8 years? (for all I know, I may be exaggerating -- or I may not)

Regardless, I think you're entitled to call people using extreme scripting just to simplify the game just that - I'm one of them, but only because I think I'd loose too much edge from dropping all my weaponscripts. According to a poll recently taken here on qw.nu, many are in the same situation (forced to use it, rather than doing it by choice).
2007-09-28, 05:22
715 posts

May 2006
dakoth wrote:
I never said it did, I just pointed out what the term means I have no idea how the whole spawn thing works - just trying to help.

Ok, thanks

dakoth wrote:
Regardless, I think you're entitled to call people using extreme scripting just to simplify the game just that - I'm one of them, but only because I think I'd loose too much edge from dropping all my weaponscripts. According to a poll recently taken here on qw.nu, many are in the same situation (forced to use it, rather than doing it by choice).

So it's still a problem that axe/sg scripts are used, yet fairpacks is a bad idea. Any other ideas?
---Where can you see lions? Only in kenya! Come to kenya we've got lions.
2007-09-28, 05:42
715 posts

May 2006
Back on track... Seems like model #2 is the more popular one?

http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=29258#p29258
2007-09-28, 14:10
151 posts

Feb 2006
The only solution I really have, and bear I'm mind I'm no coder, has the side-effect of seriously crippling quake's "scripting language" - the disabling of semicolons in any aliases/binds. That is to say, you would only be able to issue one command per button.
2007-09-28, 14:17
569 posts

Feb 2006
dakoth wrote:
The only solution I really have, and bear I'm mind I'm no coder, has the side-effect of seriously crippling quake's "scripting language" - the disabling of semicolons in any aliases/binds. That is to say, you would only be able to issue one command per button.

agreed. Remove semi colon!
2007-09-28, 14:44
715 posts

May 2006
I don't think disabling semicolon will be very appreciated, at least not by me

Edit: Besides, I think a server-side solution would be the only acceptable one since you can always get around it if the restriction relies upon the client.
  127 posts on 5 pages  First page12345Last page