User panel stuff on forum
  5 posts on 1 page  1
Transfers
2007-05-29, 04:06
12 posts

May 2007
I am currently looking for a active NA team. I am new to Quakeworld but not new to compeditive gaming. I realize now that I should have went into quakeworld from the begining . I think I am allready decent at this game. I use to play CS for a long time before and after bunnyhopping (quakeworld movement) was possible and the fact that strafe jumping was harder in CS because you had to hit jump the exact time you hit the ground unlike QW. I also played a few deathmatch games such as Q3, Painkiller, and Q4. Also went to CPL for 2 of those and 1 for CS.

More importantly I have a lot of time to dedicate to Quakeworld especially the weekend. Depending on the practice schedule I can most likely be the most active person on the team. I'm also very mature.

You can contact me through the following:

wop1337@gmail.com
AIM SN: wop1337
Google Talk = wop1337@gmail.com

Thanks,

--Kyle Rivelli
2007-05-29, 06:38
156 posts

Mar 2006
Hey WOP!
It's always nice to read messages like yours, from motivated people that are new to QW. And while the last thing I'd want to do is discourage you, I've also got pretty bad news for you: Quakeworld in the US isn't exactly on the rise as you probably know and it won't be easy to find an active clan, especially given the fact that you live on the west coast and will ping like ass in Europe (where 99.9% of all 4on4s are played).
However, I think the best thing you could do is go on IRC (if you don't know how, don't hesitate to ask) and perhaps find some guys to play with/against. A channel I'd recommend would be #american, which has somewhat become the hangout for most north american QW players. For anything else I'd suggest you check out #quakeworld and #qwrookie to find other people new to the game.
Having said that, I wish you all the best in finding a clan.
- s.
2007-05-29, 10:41
News Writer
2260 posts

Jan 2006
you should definitely try to play lots of 4on4's on wargamez first and learn the way of the game, thats exactly what I did when I started playing and spectated alot!

Wargamez.dk:27501 27502 27503 those are the servers, located in denmark were we play lots of 4on4 mix games!

http://quakeservers.net/quakeworld/servers/pl=1/so=8/ <-- there you got a very good server list of current active servers, for the american league, I will run KTK (king of tuesday kenya) there starting with next week, so you will get some action SOOON
2007-05-31, 02:07
12 posts

May 2007
yeah what bad luck. Not only the game isnt popular where I live but I cant even play in euro servers which I tried many times but with pings over 225+ most of the time, I'm going to have a hard time. =/

Which is why I'm allready trying to get the American leagues to give Quakeworld a shot and maybe even bring many new players to the game. Perhaps even make noticeable changes in the NA quakeworld community. If it indeed does change, remember it was me who did it . Its worth the effort for this game
2007-05-31, 06:26
51 posts

Apr 2007
Perhaps you can connect trough multiqizmos to get better ping in UK and such
My name is Salt.
I am a rookie.
Join the jollen servers!!
#qwrookie
  5 posts on 1 page  1